Nintendo didn't originally plan the SNES

You can talk about almost anything that you want to on this board.

Moderator: Moderators

tokumaru

Re: Nintendo didn't originally plan the SNES

Post by tokumaru »

koitsu wrote:Unlike these weirdos, I don't sell my boards for exorbitant amounts. There's nothing rare, unique, odd, or even "prestigious" about this game, yet the prices are stupid. Because, like I said recently in an unrelated thread: it's all about money. Other than some niche communities, these types of elevated prices are what you'll find on most commonplace auction sites. I don't sell stuff at these prices; ethically I just wasn't meant for this type of world.
The problem is that if you sell something for a fair price, chances are that someone will take advantage of you and resell it for a higher price or something. Unless you personally know the buyer and know they care about the things they buy instead of how to turn a profit off of everything.
Fisher

Post by Fisher »

That's pretty interesting!
But I've read somewhere that instead of making the not planned SNES happen, the Sega's console made its already planned launch to speed up.
Also I've heard that there was an chip that was supposed to be on the SNES' main board, but ended removed due to time constraints.
Would this be the SFX or the Mario Kart's DSP?
This can be total folklore too...
Drew Sebastino
Formerly Espozo

Post by Drew Sebastino »

It'd be the DSP; I've heard this too, but not from anywhere particularity credible.
tepples

Post by tepples »

Espozo wrote:an MVS is definitely going to be more expensive than an AES for no reason other than that they can get away with it.
That and arcade games come with public performance licenses. This is why you can't use NES Game Paks in a PlayChoice nor Super NES Game Paks in a Nintendo Super System.
Rietz

Post by Rietz »

The original post in this thread kind of blew my mind. Do you think we've missed out on some great stuff over the years because companies decided not to release stuff for whatever reason?
tepples

Post by tepples »

You mean like Earthbound Beginnings and Star Fox 2 and SimCity for NES and things like that?
FrankenGraphics
Formerly WheelInventor

Post by FrankenGraphics »

Or Non-bethesda fallout 3 (”van buren”), or blizzard norths’ discontinued diablo 3. Nobody knows if they’d be good, but it’s easy to romanticise that which could have bern.