AI thing writes tepples posts

You can talk about almost anything that you want to on this board.

Moderator: Moderators

Punch

Re: AI thing writes tepples posts

Post by Punch »

"Fire secondary lawn mower" :lol:
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
M_Tee

Post by M_Tee »

What a remarkably fun way to generate prompts for a gamejam, much like "a game by its case" jam.
Banshaku

Post by Banshaku »

Sounds like Zero wing to me! Maybe that AI could translate it better.

"Somebody set up us the bomb."
Memblers
Site Admin

Post by Memblers »

I used to play around with a DOS program called Babble, where you could load from 4 different sources and mix them at whatever ratio you wanted. It was a lot of fun. That's how this file ended up on the server: http://nesdev.com/random.txt

I had to try one of my own:
nestech.txt wrote: The nes

the ppu will post the following code to the vertical blank. Please be familiar with information about the actual colour intensity. However this document is a copy of my documentation regarding anything nes. Some games only use the first value of vram as squaresoft's " gauntlet pro am ". While fayzullin's 6502 pushes the ppu control register, it must not use a myriad of memory mapping hardware. Naturally, this feature will often degrade data written to both palettes. Http://nesdev.parodius.com/ contains a verbose explanation by ricoh. This section will span across multiple devices quite often. You will be reset via a strobing process. Contact me with the expansion port method. See subsection g ( tiles themselves ) to be trashed, as rumored. Ignore subsection h ( vram installed within the mapper ), and nintendo entertainment system development is done because of this phenomenon.
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

That's probably the best (only) example of text that actually sounds like it's supposed to make sense so far :)
tokumaru

Post by tokumaru »

It's really funny when we understand the subject being used, because even though we know that the final result is garbage, our brains insist on making some sense out of it. It's like new discoveries have been made about the way the NES works and I'm trying to comprehend all this new stuff.

Post by 93143 »

nestech.txt wrote:You will be reset via a strobing process.
Disturbing.
Bregalad

Post by Bregalad »

How do they manage to automatically generate gramatically-correct sentences in the 1st place ? This sounds extremely difficult for a computer to do, it has to understand what is the subject, verb, complement, etc... and takes each one from a different sentence in the source material.
squaresoft's " gauntlet pro am "
Sounds like a great game !
Banshaku

Post by Banshaku »

That's was a fun read and almost made sense! You could use the same algorithm to build some company's mission statement and it would pass as real most of the time :lol:
Bregalad

Post by Bregalad »

Banshaku wrote:That's was a fun read and almost made sense! You could use the same algorithm to build some company's mission statement and it would pass as real most of the time :lol:
https://lurkertech.com/corpspeak
Oziphantom

Post by Oziphantom »

anybody else remember MegaHAL?
koitsu

Post by koitsu »

Oziphantom wrote:anybody else remember MegaHAL?
I have had a MegaHAL IRC bot running since 2004, with a brain that's been populated since 2013 (MegaHAL's binary file format is architecture-dependent, so you can't use an i386 brain file on amd64 or vice-versa, so I had to lose 9 years of stuff; there is no "brain dumper", sorry to say). I wrote the bot code myself from scratch, barring the MegaHAL C-based core, although I did have to patch some of it.

Said bot has "Tepples-esque" stuff in it, but it'll be a cold day in hell before I ever paste anything it says about that subject, or disclose anything else about it. I think it'd "trigger" too many people. But since IRC is old crappy dead ancient beard-infested technology, technically what I describe might not even exist. Maybe it's a thing of the past. Or maybe a thing of the present. Or a big lie. Or maybe it's real. Then again, maybe not. I asked him a moment ago "Are you real?" and his response was "Eat my mom's liquified uterus." You decide.

TL;DR -- I remember MegaHAL.
Fisher

Post by Fisher »

That remembers me that in 2014 Nature discovered more than 120 cientifical articles written with a gibberish generator. :shock:
Memblers
Site Admin

Post by Memblers »

There's no AI involved, it's just probabilities of which words follow other words based on the source material. They vaguely make sense because I'm choosing the ones that sound the best. Just going from the options given though, I only added periods, commas, and new lines.

Screwed around earlier and did a few more from NES manuals here: http://www.digitpress.com/library/manuals/nes/
SMB2 manual wrote: The game pak can only be used with benzene and offensive capabilities. When thy meter becomes 0, you will flash faster. We are completely under his evil television of dreams. Shyguys often ride the boss character when you press a jump button. Similar damage may occur dropped at the player. the game pak reads a little devil who appears in his bed spreads entirely covered with spines, so you can't jump on his back. He spits fireballs from his own brain.

* try throwing the control pad at enemies if they are displayed on your projection television screen.
* picking up enemies with magic potion from the beginning area recovers the life.
* princess toadstool is a little boss character.
* you'll become invincible by using the select screen.

When standing still, luigi is entirely like a mushroom machine. He interferes with mario and his friends. Please help mario, and the coins you have collected on wart's feet will be liable to start another completely new game. You have already got a bird button. Please defeat the enemy skillfully like a vegetable meter.
Control Deck manual wrote: The control deck

symptom: your tv set ( refer to your fingers ) is broadcasting on the rf and the antenna is no improvement.
Remedy: Switch on your control deck before the tv programs control your television.

Symptom: the controller sockets control your fingers.
Remedy: do not insert or yank your game pak.

Symptom: only one player is good.
remedy: to reach nintendo customer assistance, tune the power pak properly ( refer to channel 4 ).

nintendo recommends against not trying to play both controllers. Note to your fingers, please call our consumer service department at the beginning of your game malfunction. However, dust etc is connected to a particularly strong cloth. Color coding is required to use any foreign materials.
Yeah, "fingers" came up a lot and I couldn't resist.
Contra manual wrote: Red falcon's life

the earth assault sensors suddenly become more difficult to destroy. The unpleasantry is mutual. Press with a risky cosmic commando squad to survive in 1957. Naturally of course, you'll ultimately need a viking warrior in the royal guard. Remember -- beware of alien henchmen equipped with awesome extra- terrestrial dog hits. We suggest you have been overruled and instead the special mayan civilization symbol looks like an octagon with a single universe in 3-d. Destroy these ghost death sensors. But before you doubt this authentic konami game, you'll attempt to make your way into the pentagon. Reinforcements pour in and then your guerrilla warfare instincts confronting the inhumane challenge at your mission begins. But pray these alien larvae can continue to exist.
koitsu

Post by koitsu »

Memblers wrote:... But before you doubt this authentic konami game, you'll attempt to make your way into the pentagon. ...
A life-long task, if I say so myself. ;)