New tv set may not support rf?

You can talk about almost anything that you want to on this board.

Moderator: Moderators

Banshaku

Re: New tv set may not support rf?

Post by Banshaku »

The solution are similar since the first site used the second one as a reference for removing the noise (that what it mentions beside the link). I should have mentioned how those 2 links are related from the beginning. For this, I apologize.

I found the first link when searching about the 2SA937. Then from that site, I checked the links then ended up on the second site (the first link doesn't work anymore).
ndiddy

Post by ndiddy »

lidnariq wrote:In the US, a number of modern televisions have just dropped the type F connector altogether, instead being some combination of monitor and treacherous WiFi client.
Haven't heard about that, digital OTA TV uses the same antennas as analog so it's surprising to see (every TV I've seen with a digital tuner also scans the analog frequencies during the "auto scan" function). Anyway, the simplest solution is probably to hook up the Famicom's RF out to a VCR and then plug the VCR's composite out into your TV.
koitsu

Post by koitsu »

I'm probably off-topic a bit (I read the first page or so), but:

I talked some time ago (see thread details) about using an original Famicom (RF-based) on my 13" Sony KV-13FS100 (Trinitron / Wega) CRT television in the United States. I had no problems getting it to work, assuming I used a NES RF adapter instead of the Famicom RF adapter. I believe it was determined that my TV actually seemed to handle things correctly, while not all North American TVs would do this. I guess I "got lucky" with the Sony I have.

I posted a follow-up story in this post/thread, where I was able to get the same setup working fine on my neighbour's TV, which was an actual Japanese TV (they previously lived in Japan and relocated to the US). It also worked, though I had to use a different channel (something like channel 10 or C31) compared to US TVs (and that makes sense).

There is a Youtube video from a fellow talking about how to do it, and how to adjust the Famicom trimmer pot to get a signal properly. Be sure to read the video description for technical details. I myself didn't have to adjust such things on any of my equipment. lidnariq et al might enjoy that video more than myself (a bit over my head).
Great Hierophant

Post by Great Hierophant »

I have used my Famicom on four of my TVs and a VCR and never had a problem. I live in the US and believe that so long as the channels went up to 95-96, you are unlikely to have an issue.