It is currently Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:16 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:22 pm 

Quote:
Awesome music. What is the track?

I borrowed the audio, tileset, and much of the project structure from NES-starter-kit, the audio is by Wolfgang.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:32 am 

Had a great time at the expo, but I was so busy at the Tetris event that I barely had any time to check out anything else around there. It really sucks that the vendor areas wasn't open on Friday (and closed super early on the other days), as that was the only point I had some genuine free time.

On Saturday I had around half an hour to go around checking all the stands, and I managed to pick up some cheap NES games that aren't available in Europe, but I definitely would have liked to find a lot more. It's great to see stuff for sale that's actually cheaper than eBay. You wouldn't see that anywhere else.
I did find the InfiniteNesLives booth, but at that point I was in a hurry to get back, so I had planned to come back and say hi later, which I never found the time for. :(

That said, I had a great time at the Tetris tournament. I didn't even qualify because the competition was so strong this year, but my friend that I went with made it to the top 8 only to choke in his match against Jonas (I honestly believe he could have taken the whole thing if he had played like he usually does). Being there and meeting everybody, as well as seeing the 16-year old prodigy take down a 7-time grand champion was a rush, and my memories of hanging out in Portland for these few days will be cherished.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:12 pm 

In the same way of this game expo, the Stunfest in France shown really very cool stuff like devkits, Palcom, a Tennis For two reproduction and many others "wierd" things.