It is currently Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:30 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:17 pm 

koitsu wrote:
I'm still waiting for an answer to this question. The fact there has been no answer provided, IMO, is hard evidence that this thread, and similar threads/subjects of this nature, should not be on this site. This is IRC-grade drama that should remain wherever it originated, not here.

+1

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:11 pm 

koitsu wrote:
More importantly: can I ask what this subject, or whatever it is you're posting about at all, has to do with this forum?

I'm angry because smwc banned me because on smwc's discord, they were talking about how all women should be believed. I told them I disagree. They accused me of being an MRA. I told them I and several people I know have gotten falsely accused in college. They laughed at me for getting accused of rape, and banned me.

I'm only saying this here because I have nowhere else to say it.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:02 pm 

I'd draw an analogy to when certain people referred to me and all of NESdev as hate group sympathizers nine months ago when I pitched a video game whose enemy side is analogous to that of Bionic Commando and Wolfenstein 3D, then blocked me and anyone else who defended me to talk about me behind my back. I had no one to talk to but other NESdev members.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:04 pm 

Thanks for answering the question. Forum admins can decide the rest.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:53 pm 

well, i can only speak for myself, but i strongly feel like these posts are detrimental to the community, contribute nothing, and lessen my desire to interact with you all.

i honestly don't care that much if you disagree with my beliefs, but i'm not interested in hearing about your politics on an NES forum (and i am a very political person who pretty much grew up arguing about politics online). i've seen plenty of threads here that for some reason get de-railed into shitting on feminism, it's really confusing and i wouldn't be surprised if it contributes to the gender gap that exists on this forum.

there is no reason for threads like this on a retro gaming site and they should be deleted as quickly as they appear. OR i guess we could just have pointless debates that stir bad blood and never get resolved every time somebody has a bad day on the internet and for some reason chooses us to vent at, apropos of nothing and devoid of context.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:23 pm 

I'd like to add my voice to those who would prefer not to see this type of interaction tolerated here. This is a place for people to share information about a hobby, and it functions best if it is a collaborative and cooperative environment. Posts written with the intent to incite confrontation and antagonism have absolutely no value on a message board like this. It often draws the worst elements of a community to the surface, as can be shown from Qalle's posts. If psycopathicteen really has a point to make about MRAs or whatever, there are forums such as CMV on reddit designed for those types of discussions.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:26 pm 
Site Admin

It's some real shit. I have an uncle I never got to meet, who was accused of rape. This prompted an undercover cop to target him for a drug bust setup. He was probably being threatened by a drug supplier involved. He supposedly killed himself. After he was dead, that lady admitted that she lied. Partly due to that lie, my mom lost her brother.

Just dropping a crazy anecdote, please nobody use that to make any kind of point whatsoever. Shit happens to people and I'm sure we can all agree that dishonest people suck. I don't have anything further to say on the subject.

And yeah any topic that relates to gender around here gets real NOPE real fast. We've had at least one person leave after the last time it happened. Like religion and politics, nobody wants to come here and see that. I pretty much quit going to Facebook to get away from that stuff, I can't stand it - it's toxic as fuck.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:40 am 

toggle switch wrote:
well, i can only speak for myself, but i strongly feel like these posts are detrimental to the community, contribute nothing, and lessen my desire to interact with you all.

i honestly don't care that much if you disagree with my beliefs, but i'm not interested in hearing about your politics on an NES forum (and i am a very political person who pretty much grew up arguing about politics online). i've seen plenty of threads here that for some reason get de-railed into shitting on feminism, it's really confusing and i wouldn't be surprised if it contributes to the gender gap that exists on this forum.

there is no reason for threads like this on a retro gaming site and they should be deleted as quickly as they appear. OR i guess we could just have pointless debates that stir bad blood and never get resolved every time somebody has a bad day on the internet and for some reason chooses us to vent at, apropos of nothing and devoid of context.

Just had to quote that entire post for emphasis. You said it way better than I ever could.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:27 am 

Memblers wrote:
It's some real shit. I have an uncle I never got to meet, who was accused of rape. This prompted an undercover cop to target him for a drug bust setup. He was probably being threatened by a drug supplier involved. He supposedly killed himself. After he was dead, that lady admitted that she lied. Partly due to that lie, my mom lost her brother.

Just dropping a crazy anecdote, please nobody use that to make any kind of point whatsoever. Shit happens to people and I'm sure we can all agree that dishonest people suck. I don't have anything further to say on the subject.

And yeah any topic that relates to gender around here gets real NOPE real fast. We've had at least one person leave after the last time it happened. Like religion and politics, nobody wants to come here and see that. I pretty much quit going to Facebook to get away from that stuff, I can't stand it - it's toxic as fuck.

+1
koitsu wrote:
Thanks for answering the question. Forum admins can decide the rest.

+1

I know "suffering purifies the soul", but was that kind of suffering really necessary??

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4