Looking for Famtasia and Pasofami files

You can talk about almost anything that you want to on this board.

Moderator: Moderators

NewRisingSun

Looking for Famtasia and Pasofami files

Post by NewRisingSun » Fri Jul 24, 2020 6:57 am

For my research on historical emulator file formats, I am looking for games in the formats of the historical emulators Pasofami (.PRG/.CHR/.PRM for cartridge, .PRM/.DKA/.DKB for disk system games) and Famtasia (.FAM for both cartridge and disk games), in particular but not limited to disk system games. All usual ROM sources that I have consulted have switched to .NES/.FDS for obvious reasons, but I would like to see what some common games look like in these historical formats. Please PM any such files you have and would like to share. The results of that effort, once finished, will be contributed to the nesdev wiki.

Dwedit

Re: Looking for Famtasia and Pasofami files

Post by Dwedit » Sun Jul 26, 2020 12:41 am

PRG and CHR files are exactly what they sound like, the program ROM, or character ROM.

You can create .FAM files in Famtasia with the Save command in the emulator. It embeds a ROM, savestate, fds bios, etc into a single FAM file.
Here come the fortune cookies! Here come the fortune cookies! They're wearing paper hats!

NewRisingSun

Re: Looking for Famtasia and Pasofami files

Post by NewRisingSun » Sun Jul 26, 2020 1:13 am

Dwedit wrote:PRG and CHR files are exactly what they sound like, the program ROM, or character ROM.
I am well aware of that. I am mostly interested in seeing correctly-specified .PRM files for existing games. Secondly, .DKA/.DKB files to see if they are padded to 65500 bytes like in .FDS.