Math vs Language in programming

You can talk about almost anything that you want to on this board.

Moderator: Moderators

lidnariq

Re: Math vs Language in programming

Post by lidnariq » Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:57 pm

Thank you for bring that bit of old SEO to our attention. We'll take care of it now.

turboxray

Post by turboxray » Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:43 pm

Jacobson wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:52 pm
Then do you want to ban me from logging in?
Potentially.

Garth

Post by Garth » Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:15 am

Jacobson, I had not seen the post you linked to. I'm not a moderator or administrator on this forum; but I am one on several others, and I've seen the pattern over and over. Although there's nothing specific wrong with the one post, if it looks suspicious like this and I use the tools available to only the admins, I usually find that the new member doing this kind of post has already been spamming other forums, so then I ban and delete him before he attacks ours too.

We're always glad for legitimate new members, and there's nothing wrong with showing appreciation. To avoid suspicions, it would be good to add a little more, for example telling briefly about an experience that makes you appreciate the posts you're replying to, possibly that you had been trying to solve the same problem yourself and tell briefly what roadblocks you hit.

Another one I've seen many times is that since the new (ab)user thinks he has to have a legitimate-looking post or two before human moderators will quit watching him so he can post his spam, he will copy someone else's post since he doesn't know anything about the subject to write is own good post. What he doesn't know is that on the forums I moderate or administer, humans (mostly I) read or at least skim every single post, and I have a good memory and I remember the other post that he copied, and I do a search and find it to confirm, and I kick him out. They have even copied my own posts, not realizing they were copying the administrator's or moderator's own post! Really brilliant! (Not.) I take spam very seriously, especially after seeing spammers destroy one of my favorite forums.
http://WilsonMinesCo.com/ lots of 6502 resources

Jacobson

Post by Jacobson » Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:42 pm

Garth wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:15 am
Jacobson, I had not seen the post you linked to. I'm not a moderator or administrator on this forum; but I am one on several others, and I've seen the pattern over and over. Although there's nothing specific wrong with the one post, if it looks suspicious like this and I use the tools available to only the admins, I usually find that the new member doing this kind of post has already been spamming other forums, so then I ban and delete him before he attacks ours too.

We're always glad for legitimate new members, and there's nothing wrong with showing appreciation. To avoid suspicions, it would be good to add a little more, for example telling briefly about an experience that makes you appreciate the posts you're replying to, possibly that you had been trying to solve the same problem yourself and tell briefly what roadblocks you hit.

Another one I've seen many times is that since the new (ab)user thinks he has to have a legitimate-looking post or two before human moderators will quit watching him so he can post his spam, he will copy someone else's post since he doesn't know anything about the subject to write is own good post. What he doesn't know is that on the forums I moderate or administer, humans (mostly I) read or at least skim every single post, and I have a good memory and I remember the other post that he copied, and I do a search and find it to confirm, and I kick him out. They have even copied my own posts, not realizing they were copying the administrator's or moderator's own post! Really brilliant! (Not.) I take spam very seriously, especially after seeing spammers destroy one of my favorite forums.
In fact, it is to obtain valuable backlinks.

pubby

Post by pubby » Mon Sep 07, 2020 5:45 pm

My spammer senses are still tingling.