It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:14 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Hi all
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 11:58 pm 

Whelp I'm new too, like the last new guy.

Pretty neat place you got here with all the programming stuff.
I may turn out to be more of the lurker type at this forum, as although I've always wanted to be able to make my own games for the NES or SNES, I've never been able to grasp any programming language of any kind beyond very basic junk. I could see myself participating in a thread or two on less technical related discussions, though.

So I've resolved to just write about games instead of busting my brain trying to program them.. That being said, if its ok with you guys I'd like to share a link to my place, who knows maybe some of you have been there already :) Figured its best to ask first these days, everyone jumps on spammers, heh..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 5:16 am 

Well, if you don't know programming stuff you're surly good at graphics, music, design or someting....

For now, only few "big" projects are on with the NES, if you're interessted visit my home page, where you can see the developement of two ambitious projects : http://jonathan.microclub.ch/rainbow

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 9:57 am 

Believe it or not, I suck at all of those, haha... But thats why I resolved to writing about games and started Old Skool Games. I do like messing with Softsynths (Cakewalk) but don't do much of it these days for lack of having a real MIDI Keyboard, not that it would help much in the case of things around here :)

So yeah I guess writing is my thing mainly. It sure would be nice to program something one day though. I suspect I'd need to take a real class for that. I actually found this site while researching development tools on the NES (was looking for music composing stuff), and I see you guys have heard of NESHLA too. I actually did a small piece about it with Brian, which should be published soon. Looking forward to playing and reviewing his game when it comes out as well.

btw.. The dark fonts on your site are really hard to read against the dark background

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 10:25 am 

Haha, I also was a fan of Cakewalk several years ago (before I play video games, heh).
Writing NES music is pretty fun, but the MIDI format isn't very great to do much things. I just use it to write my tunes more easily (actually I've not written many NES music yet). I should write my own sound code someday.
What are you called a small piece about NESHLA ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 11:37 am 

What I meant to say was I interviewed him about it. Nothing too technical, just some questions about the project, and why he developed it and a few Grand Theftendo questions thrown in at the end as well