It is currently Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:03 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:18 pm 

I just got the Lawson Limited Deluxe Pack of Tactics Ogre: Knight of Lodis item(jp of course), so now I have both the Lawson edition, and the Famitsu Edition.

I'm usually not into collecting games, just to collect, but I so just had to have these(One of the best SRPGs ever made, and the bonus "wooden" display box is of such high quality, It's not funny), besides I do own a playing version of the game as well.

This is the Famitsu Edition one:

Note: Yes that's a Steel Name Plate.

PS. I really don't have pictures of the Lawson Edition one, but the only Differance is the outer cardboard box says Lawson, and the Wood box is painted a different color.

Also from what I recently learned from the Japanese person I bought the Lawson Eddition one from, there were only 1,000 made of each version, and they were pre-order only through magazines/website.

Wow, very restrictive on title legnth here, aren't you guys, yikes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:11 pm 
Site Admin

That's pretty cool, I didn't know that game was even re-released other than the Playstation version (and I guess so, in English). It's a good strategy game, it's probably the only game I had ever rented from a videostore so I could play it on an emulator.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:43 pm 

Memblers wrote:
That's pretty cool, I didn't know that game was even re-released other than the Playstation version (and I guess so, in English). It's a good strategy game, it's probably the only game I had ever rented from a videostore so I could play it on an emulator.

No, It's not rereleased, It's a sequel sort've,(another game in the ogre battle series) just these forums wont let me put in the full title, It's called, "Tactics Ogre: Knight of Lodis".

PS. The actual game was released in NA as well(localized by ATLUS of course). If you haven't played it yet, I strongly suggest you do so, It's so good, It's even better then the first Tactics Ogre game, which was great to begin with.

Last edited by Zoltor on Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:17 pm 
Site Admin

Ah, so it is. The one I was thinking of has the (really odd) subtitle "Let Us Cling Together". I'll have to check out this newer one then.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:31 pm 

Memblers wrote:
Ah, so it is. The one I was thinking of has the (really odd) subtitle "Let Us Cling Together". I'll have to check out this newer one then.

Yea, Let us Cling Together is the first Tactics Ogre game(it maybe a odd subtitle, but it sure rolls off one's tongue, doesn't it).

Yea Knight of Lodis went completely under the radar, even I didn't know about it until like 2 years ago(not only am I a huge fan of the series, but I'm a ATLUS fanatic as well), but oh man what a gem, It's a must play, that's for sure.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:40 am 

What's the difference between the Lawson Limited Deluxe Pack and the normal version ?

Yeah, both TO games are sure on my "to play next" list. I've bought the SNES version of TO, but I'm stuck because of the japanese (I didn't exept it to be THIS unplayable, so I just stopped to buy any more games in japanese because it's kinda useless to me). A patch for it was released recently so I'll really be playing it as soon as I've completed the other higher priority games on my list :p
Although too bad the GBA game isn't released here so I guess I'll have to play them another way :p

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:22 am 

Zoltor wrote:
Yea, Let us Cling Together is the first Tactics Ogre game(it maybe a odd subtitle, but it sure rolls off one's tongue, doesn't it).

"Rolls"? "Cling together"? Next you'll be talking about Katamari Damacy (塊魂), and then Katamari Contra (塊魂斗羅).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:49 am 

Bregalad wrote:
What's the difference between the Lawson Limited Deluxe Pack and the normal version ?

Yeah, both TO games are sure on my "to play next" list. I've bought the SNES version of TO, but I'm stuck because of the japanese (I didn't exept it to be THIS unplayable, so I just stopped to buy any more games in japanese because it's kinda useless to me). A patch for it was released recently so I'll really be playing it as soon as I've completed the other higher priority games on my list :p
Although too bad the GBA game isn't released here so I guess I'll have to play them another way :p

Well the actual game's box, and the game It's self is the same, but with the Lawson/Famitsu limited Edition you get a wooden display box, packed in an outer cardboard box as well.