It is currently Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:06 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: New users: How to fit in
PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:40 pm 

Before you post for the first time, read this. And just because we have an offtopic forum doesn't mean you need to make half your posts here. This isn't Gen[M]ay.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:15 pm 

I'm a major proponent of just being yourself... unless, of course you can be Batman. No. What if we know nothing about nesdev and still want to be a part of this site in some way shape or form?!?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:42 pm 
Formerly 65024U

Honestly, I'd encourage to do like most of has, read and learn so you can start helping in many ways. 2 years ago, I didn't know 6502. Now I know 6502 like I know English and have the NES hardware down pat. It's really awesome, but it's difficult at times. But it's very much worth it to be able to help people. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:39 am 

If you know nothing about nesdev, then probably the best way to become part of the community is to look through Homebrew Projects, find a few that are playable, try them in an emulator, and give constructive criticism.

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 3:37 pm 

Luckily this community has gone pretty far and has remained pretty mature. We've been a haven for freedom of expression and tolerance since inception as well; even the old forum.

One thing I have a hard time tolerating is personal attacks within public forums; which seemingly has arisen. Passionate arguments related to subject matter are one thing; and merit discussion for sure. However, correct me if I'm wrong, anything personal that requires discretion should be directed within private messages. Also, and I don't want to assert "backseat driving", any user complaints should be directed toward forum moderators with descript quotations of the offense; related to NESdev forums activities. (Public complaints should be irrelevant.)

Perhaps communication to this degree within moderator language would be helpful to derail any potential undesirables.