It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:57 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:59 am 

The program I mentioned is in fact just a part of a bigger programm which allow playing sound from any GBA game with the sound engine through Final Fantasy Advance series's music players. What it does is take a ROM which contains the data of both any game in the FF advance series, appended to the ROM you want to play sound from (the program don't append files, I did it in command line, but it might be possible to improve the thing to append files by itself). Then the program detects the presence of the sound engine in the second part of the ROM, and it found display info about it, and then hack pointers in the FFA game to point to music from the new ROM.

Do you think it would be worth releasing it ?

Post subject: Re: Gbs Ripping Tool
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:24 am 

I have looked for weeks now, I cannot find GBgbs anywhere the only download link is the one mentioned on page one of this thread and that does not have a link to GBgbs anymore, is there any other way to get on it, I wanted to try to use it to get Battletoads & Double Dragon GB's music because the current GBS rip sounds way off, probably won't work but thats my only other option

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:40 pm 

Heres a new download link : http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ud59bn0hdwqe2tb

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:16 pm 

Cool thanks! I take it its able to rip Gameboy Music then? gonna try to figure it out, I drags and dropped on the icon nothing happened, when i launch the program as you know it wasnt translated so its difficult, but fo you know if it can actually rip GBS out of GB roms?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:34 pm 

In the upper right hand corner there's a Button click that chose your gb rom file then click the button that says gbs in english in lower right hand corner then chose where you want to put your gbs file.

Also i should note, not all games are compatible, ALOT but not all games. i included some jpegs of translated instructions , and a list of supported and unsupported games.