Does MegaMan 7 "kickass"?

You can talk about almost anything that you want to on this board.

Moderator: Moderators

Does MM7 kickass?

Yes!
31%
Not that much, just ok.
56%
No, it's ok.
6%
One of the worst games.
6%

Total votes: 16

RLError

Post by RLError » Sun Dec 26, 2010 7:08 pm

I really like it. I didn't play it when it was released, because too many other exciting things were happening in the world of video games. I wasn't too enthusiastic about the stage select format, either. Years later I had the chance to play and I was surprised at how much fun I was having.
I also like Mega Man 8 and Rockman & Forte. The Mega Man formula is just something that works.

johnny parks

Post by johnny parks » Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:38 pm

I already finished the game and I find the gameplay the same as the old versions. I think the game would be cooler though if the producers and the game developers put a little more spice to the game like new twists and environmental elements.

Johnny Parks
Blender | Blender Tutorial | Blender Example

[Please don't use a fake signature, especially one with offtopic links. Links neutralized. --MOD]

yesyesyall

Post by yesyesyall » Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:35 am

Zepper wrote:
Dwedit wrote:Endless Rush Search grinding!!!
- What do you mean?
in mm7, you can call rush out and he will sniff around and dig for hidden items. i think he would also indicate if you were near a secret area. i think he is talking about spending time combing through levels with rush.

i love megaman 7. one of the main reasons it is awesome is the "versus mode" thing you could do. i took this from gamefaqs:

Versus Mode

Enter the following password: 1415 5585 7823 6251
Then press and hold R & L, and push the start button. After doing so you'll be taken to the Versus Mode character select screen.

SatoshiMatrix

Post by SatoshiMatrix » Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:54 am

Megaman 7 was very cool and I feel privileged to own a copy, but it doesn't hold a candle to Megaman X2, released in the same year.

As ironic as it sounds, I'd say Megaman 7 is probably a good 7/10. It definetely felt more fresh than sleeper Megaman 6, it gave is Bass, Shademan and his theme is awesome, and it's nice to see the game still carries a premium all these years later. Still, that damn wily battle was among the most frustrating boss battles of any Megaman game EVER.

Zepper
Formerly Fx3

Post by Zepper » Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:22 am

In my opinion, MM7 is/was "for kids". Yeah, it has some great things, like memorable tunes. :) Anyway, I like the NES versions only, including the Wii.

yesyesyall

Post by yesyesyall » Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:58 am

in my opinion, all megaman is "for kids"

Zepper
Formerly Fx3

Post by Zepper » Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:05 am

yesyesyall wrote:in my opinion, all megaman is "for kids"
Not really... unless you consider a Gears of War so, yes, I'd agree.

yesyesyall

Post by yesyesyall » Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:01 am

what do you mean? the game Gears of War? i haven't played it, but i have seen others play it. sorry, man, i don't exactly get what you mean!

Celius

Post by Celius » Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:50 pm

I've played Megaman 7, and I thought it was okay. I just liked it becuase it was another megaman game. Really nowhere near as awesome as Megaman 2 though.