Should we post the roms?
Yes! We want to play some games! 92%  92%  [ 22 ]
No, lets potentially have better prizes! 4%  4%  [ 1 ]
Other, any other ideas? 4%  4%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 24
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:07 pm 
Formerly WhatULive4

http://nesdevcompo.nintendoage.com/contest/

Thanks to Denine and Memblers, we now have two more entries.

Last edited by NESHomebrew on Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:17 pm 
Formerly 65024U

YES! Then people get to feel like they are inputting on the project. Plus I think that'll get more sales and I think that nearly any compilation cart will do good just because of people who want a full set of games and variants and stuff. Shouldn't be hard to clear 50 sales, right? :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:38 pm 

I'd prefer files release first, cartridge release with some extra content next. By extra content I mean intro sequence, nice game selection menu with music, etc. Something like the famous one.

If cartridge release first, files next, I think there should be certain goal, like number of copies sold, that could be reached in short time.

I absolutely would not like to wait a long period of time, like few months, before files release. If such a thing is required, this had to be clearly specified beforehand, in the rules (but in this case I'd skip the compo).

My main reasons to enter any compo is to get more attention to a release and to get more feedback. If I spent a lot of effort to make an entry in time, and then instead getting of these two things I have to wait for indefinite period of time (which I was not warned beforehand) I would not enjoy this at all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:02 pm 

I agree, release the ROMs first then make the multicart with an awesome load screen and menu.
Ill be buying one for sure.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:45 pm 

As I understood it, I'd be making the menu software, based on the Midwest Gaming Classic 2011 multicart (video). I guess I'd need to add a music engine though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:15 pm 

The people who submitted entries should have the final word I guess...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:14 am 

Quote:
I agree, release the ROMs first then make the multicart with an awesome load screen and menu.
Ill be buying one for sure.

Sounds like perfect idea.
But I won't buy any, though.(I have a little, financial crisis)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:22 am 

Is bunnyboy making it? Has a price been set? I would have to vote for roms first. I'd prob buy it either way but it's always nice to have a preview of what you're buying. Even if it was a demo of the first level or so for some of the games.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:20 am 
Formerly WhatULive4

infiniteneslives wrote:
Is bunnyboy making it? Has a price been set? I would have to vote for roms first. I'd prob buy it either way but it's always nice to have a preview of what you're buying. Even if it was a demo of the first level or so for some of the games.

1. Probably not, maybe as a last resort.
2. Price has not been set, we are currently checking into pricing. We do not plan on using donors for this so it would require buying cart plastics.

It seems like the overall response is to post em up. I'm off work tomorrow and the next day, so I'll have something up by then. Perhaps I'll just list the games in the directory, then finish up the website.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:49 am 

WhatULive4 wrote:
2. Price has not been set, we are currently checking into pricing. We do not plan on using donors for this so it would require buying cart plastics.

Has anyone found a source of plastics besides bunnyboy? I would really like to put a 3d printer together someday and print off my own. They wouldn't be as clean or nice as his, but still cool in a DIY kind of way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:50 am 
Formerly 65024U

infiniteneslives wrote:
WhatULive4 wrote:

Has anyone found a source of plastics besides bunnyboy? I would really like to put a 3d printer together someday and print off my own. They wouldn't be as clean or nice as his, but still cool in a DIY kind of way.

I'd either buy a lot of $2 donors or just pay the $4 for his nice cases, I don't think that it's that big of a deal. When the molds cost like $5000+, I don't think many others have a reason to invest when they can get them from him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:51 am 

Because once I get the ROMs, I can get started on making the menu.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:07 pm 

3gengames wrote:
infiniteneslives wrote:
WhatULive4 wrote:

I'd either buy a lot of $2 donors or just pay the $4 for his nice cases, I don't think that it's that big of a deal. When the molds cost like $5000+, I don't think many others have a reason to invest when they can get them from him.

Yeah you're right $4 is a pretty good price. I still think it would be cool to make my own though but that's probably just me :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:57 pm 

tokumaru wrote:
The people who submitted entries should have the final word I guess...

To me this is what it really comes down to, but my two cents: I'm more of a try-before-you-buy person. If I want to buy it, I will, even if there's a ROM available. On the other hand, if I'm not planning on buying it, but I can play it free, and it turns out I really like it, I might then consider buying a cart.

That said, I know not everybody operates that way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:59 pm 
Formerly WhatULive4

http://nesdevcompo.nintendoage.com/contest/

The website has been updated! Come check it out.