It is currently Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:13 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Should we post the roms?
Yes! We want to play some games! 92%  92%  [ 22 ]
No, lets potentially have better prizes! 4%  4%  [ 1 ]
Other, any other ideas? 4%  4%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 24
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:07 am 
Formerly WhatULive4

Shiru wrote:
I should say that complete silence about judging and results for more than a month since the deadline does not produce any positive feelings and is not very good motivation to participate next time. It actually took less time to make a game.
Sorry I forgot to update this thread as well as the nintendoage thread. We are still working on the judging. Since this is a volunteer thing people have higher priorities. Honestly the contest ended at a really bad time for me (final exams etc) so I wasn't about to put my education on hold and let this take all my priority. On top of that there was some confusion about the judging and some people did not receive the judging criteria.

This is just meant to be fun and get some exposure on the NES homebrew community, I'm sorry that some people are upset by the way the contest is being run. I will agree that it has been far from ideal. Don't worry, it won't happen next time. Lessons WELL learned.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:14 am 
Formerly 65024U

For the 1st year, the releases were good, just gotta get judging ironed out, next year I'm sure more people will volunteer and/or hopefully a public voting system could be done instead, as it'll get results quick and you get to see it happen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:29 am 

WhatULive4 wrote:
Honestly the contest ended at a really bad time for me (final exams etc).

There were many problems with the compo, I just comment on this one. You is the organizer. You plan and decide when the contest ends. You probably know beforehand when you will have final exams or other time consuming things. When you choose the time when you, as organizer, have to do things that other people will expect from you, to overlap with the time when you will not be able to do these things, it is just a bad organization. That's that need to be improved for next time, because it is the reason for practically all the other problems.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:35 am 

I will certainly help out for next year's compo. Maybe even make a game :P

I would be happy to whip up a Google App Engine site to manage submissions and voting if you'd like.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:22 am 
Formerly WhatULive4

qbradq wrote:
I will certainly help out for next year's compo. Maybe even make a game :P

I would be happy to whip up a Google App Engine site to manage submissions and voting if you'd like.

I'll keep that in mind and let you know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:40 pm 

So I heard back from Blake at infendo.com and he loved the homebrew games from the compo and some others.

I sent him tepples other games and told him about MOE being a work in progress.

But he'd love to do a review on homebrew gaming and would like to see any other games people are willing to share. So let me know if you have any projects you'd like to share and possibly get some recognition for.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:58 am 

You can point him to my old, not quite finished shooter Wraith: http://www.nesdev.com/incoming/wraith-v0.5.zip

Also GemVenture: beta is here http://www.pdroms.de/files/2172/, finished version available here (cartridge only) http://www.retrousb.com/product_info.php?cPath=30&products_id=92 Brief instructions are available on both pages.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:51 pm 

Tom wrote:
You can point him to my old, not quite finished shooter Wraith: http://www.nesdev.com/incoming/wraith-v0.5.zip

Also GemVenture: beta is here http://www.pdroms.de/files/2172/, finished version available here (cartridge only) http://www.retrousb.com/product_info.php?cPath=30&products_id=92 Brief instructions are available on both pages.

Will do! Great games BTW

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:31 pm 
Formerly WhatULive4

I received an interesting email today that pointed me towards this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekJ3nSIXtUA&feature=player_detailpage#t=146s. Looks like Shiru isn't the only one who has taken a stab at that game.

Also have a little update. We are just waiting for the last set of judging to come in and we will be able to announce the winners/distribute prizes etc!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:54 pm 

Cool. Haven't seen this exact game and this game system, but no wonder there are similar games, considering that the 'original' game I was inspired with was made in 1986, and probably was a clone by itself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:59 pm 
Formerly 65024U

That's crazy....and I played Shiru's game again and then watched the video, and I deff. think Shiru made a better game. Great job again dude! Hopefully you get rewarded since I like your fun creaztive games! Very polished.

I hope I can get a cart of this compilation!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:57 am 

The only substantive things holding the multicart up are 1. whether bunnyboy wants to redo Panesian Power to work in BNROM and 2. exactly how the credits should be worded.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:45 pm 

Results are available on the compo site for a week already.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:53 pm 
Formerly 65024U

Good work Shiru! I thought you'd beat tepples Thwaite myself, but surprise results are surprising and cool. Sweet job guys! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:47 am 

Then I know what I'm doing tonight: making a source tarball.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next