nesdev.parodius.com (2004-2012)

You can talk about almost anything that you want to on this board.

Moderator: Moderators

tepples

nesdev.parodius.com (2004-2012)

Post by tepples »

The first BBS opened on October 12, 2000, and closed on November 12, 2004.

The second BBS opened on September 20, 2004, and will close on August 2, 2012. We didn't quite make it to eight years.

About 25 1/2 hours from now, nesdev.parodius.com will close forever. This will take place on Thursday evening (August 2) at 9 PM Eastern Daylight Time. (That's 1 AM Friday morning GMT.) The board will be locked for a final database and HTML snapshot. After a few hours, the third BBS will open in a new location to be announced.

So finish what you need to finish, and prepare for some downtime.

Status: [ notify | wait | lock all boards | database dump | HTML dump | import | notify ]
cpow
NESICIDE developer

Re: nesdev.parodius.com (2004-2012)

Post by cpow »

tepples wrote:to be announced
...how?
lidnariq

Post by lidnariq »

Will we need to create accounts on the new forum?

What's the wiki migration plan?
Dwedit

Post by Dwedit »

For the forum, I assume they just import the database, possibly converting it too.
For the wiki, I assume they just import the database.
Here come the fortune cookies! Here come the fortune cookies! They're wearing paper hats!
infiniteneslives

Post by infiniteneslives »

So are there any suggestions as to what we should or shouldn't do? From what I remember in past discussions, we can expect our PM inbox to disappear, but ALL threads will be saved and accessible (hopefully in somewhat near future).
tepples

Post by tepples »

I just checked the test server, which was populated with an old database dump. At first glance, it appears that usernames, passwords, and even PMs will be kept. But I'd still recommend using the script I wrote to back up your PMs if you can get it to work.
tepples

Post by tepples »

Welcome to the new boards.
WhoaMan

Post by WhoaMan »

indeed, everyone give a big thankyou to tepples and koitsu for their work in switching everything over :)
3gengames
Formerly 65024U

Post by 3gengames »

Looks a lot different, but still feels like nothing ever happened. Great job! And yet again thanks so much to koitsu for the time on his servers. Sad we had to moved, but considering how well this has happened it just shows that the community is solid and a great one! Thanks to everyone who also helped in making the new forum site happen. :D
Banshaku

Post by Banshaku »

Great to see that it's moving forward and everything seems intact too. I'm a little bit confused by the new look but I will get used to it soon. Maybe we need to update the logo in the top corner, or maybe not. I like it this way ;)

So it was moved to a newer version of phpBb? I'm no phpbb admin so this is the impression that it gives me. We can now attach files?? The option is at the bottom.
Jarhmander
Formerly ~J-@D!~

Post by Jarhmander »

Hmmm, isn't that a new phpbb engine?

Anyway, wow! Seamless move, I only noticed that the board looked strange, but otherwise, no problem encountered. This amazes me because sometimes things that are done by professional IT get really messed up, and yet a bunch of "hobbyists" get it perfectly. How ironic.

Thanks tepples for your time! Thanks koitsu for your time too (well, both the hosting and the move), I hope you'll still be around!

[Off-topic: how much does my e-penis grow if I just got to the "fake" ending in Gimmick! and succeeded to get the special treasure in the first and "last" level?]

P.S.: Wow! a "upload attachment" feature!
P.P.S.: What will happen to the good ol' nesdev website with its dead links? I like it alot.
infiniteneslives

Post by infiniteneslives »

OOOooo I'm super excited to see the 'view new posts' that's something that always annoyed me in the past. Much easier to keep track of what the current topics are especially when using multiple devices.

Great work! And thanks again for all the great years Koitsu.
rainwarrior

Post by rainwarrior »

HOW WONDERFUL AND THANK YOU
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :D :D :) :lol: :wink: :mrgreen: :D :twisted: 8) :D
marvelus10

Post by marvelus10 »

Wow guys that was smooth, good job.

Thank you
B00daW

Post by B00daW »

All I have to say is "fucking beautiful". That was way more professional than I could have imagined.Tepples, if you come to the Philly area the drinks are on me. Also I'm not doing a whois on my phone at the moment, the invitation is extended to Memblers and the host. Hell, and anybody else I like.

Love you guys. :)