Holy Crap!

You can talk about almost anything that you want to on this board.

Moderator: Moderators

Bregalad

Post by Bregalad »

Agree. But admit getting official developement kits would be even better.
Useless, lumbering half-wits don't scare us.
dXtr

Post by dXtr »

sure, a official nes devkit would be cool.. but I'm actually wondering how fancy it is. I mean the only thing I can come up with on how it would look is the nesdev manual, a assembler, maybe some sample code, some pcb's without any roms installed and possible a eprom programmer and some eproms. I mean the devkit thing coulnd't have been so big back then that they had speciall machines for development, could it? I'm almoast wondering if what we have now is better then what they had back then (except for maybe documentation ;) )

the snes on the otherside.. damn, I wish I had one of those devkits.. those SNES Emulator SE looks so sweet :D
Sorry for misspellings, I'm from Sweden ^^
Bregalad

Post by Bregalad »

Maybe what we have now is better, who knows ? However, once a game is developped, it is much easier to developp other from your routines you already made, I presume (this never happened to me yet).
I think all developpers has different style of engines, so all did have different routines they made themselves. The common devkit should so be pretty small.
The only way to know is get one from Intelligent System, but I think even if you have money I don't know if they still have all the material for NES.
Useless, lumbering half-wits don't scare us.