Resources to learn mml/ppmck

Discuss NSF files, FamiTracker, MML tools, or anything else related to NES music.

Moderator: Moderators

Jarhmander
Formerly ~J-@D!~

Re: Resources to learn mml/ppmck

Post by Jarhmander »

For those interested in editing the ppmck wiki, go to its main page and click the silly button "Join" at the top, just over the red warning. The password is "ppmck on FAMICOM", without the quotes but with the caps, they are necessary. You'll need a wikidot account, which you can create after joining.

Also, it's a great thing that ppmck is on GitHub. It seems that one of the latest additions is detection of overload―I suppose it detects when the engine takes more that one frame to run…
((λ (x) (x x)) (λ (x) (x x)))
arfy

Post by arfy »

Yep, I noticed that too. From what I can make of the Google-translated Japanese, it inserts rogue beeps into your song. Is there any other tools that are better than google translate that are free or relatively cheap? Yes, I know about sistran but that's something like a couple hundred dollars to get the document translation feature. I was caught out on that one when I got the basic home edition and oops, no document translation. :(
More native Japanese/English speakers, please. :d
lidnariq

Post by lidnariq »

I've found that comparing both of bing's and google's translations often lets me puzzle out something reasonable.