.pttune to .ptcop

Discuss NSF files, FamiTracker, MML tools, or anything else related to NES music.

Moderator: Moderators

drdevil

.pttune to .ptcop

Post by drdevil »

Is there a way to convert .pttune to .ptcop? If not, is it possible to hack PXTONE so that it can open .pttune files?
DevEd

Re: .pttune to .ptcop

Post by DevEd »

What you're trying to do is not related to NES (read: Nintendo Entertainment System) development, so you're probably gonna have a hard time getting help here. You might want to try the forums at cavestory.org.

Last time I checked, Cave Story wasn't ported to the NES :roll:
You know, the DevSound guy.

There are two kinds of people in this world: those who are convinced there are two kinds of people in this world, and those who aren't. - Unknown
tepples

Post by tepples »

And it's probably not going to be, at least until Nintendo takes down Wii Shop. I don't think a Wii licensee is allowed to work in NES homebrew (case in point: the BriPro outage).
DevEd

Post by DevEd »

Besides, I don't really think it would be possible to port Cave Story to the NES. (Some things that come to mind are insanely large sprites and sprite limits, not to mention palette limitations.)

There are two kinds of people in this world: those who are convinced there are two kinds of people in this world, and those who aren't. - Unknown
Dwedit

Post by Dwedit »

There is an open-source rewrite of the Cave Story engine, called NXEngine. If someone really wanted to port Cave Story, they could use that code as reference.
Here come the fortune cookies! Here come the fortune cookies! They're wearing paper hats!
drdevil

Post by drdevil »

DevEd wrote:What you're trying to do is not related to NES (read: Nintendo Entertainment System) development, so you're probably gonna have a hard time getting help here. You might want to try the forums at cavestory.org.

Last time I checked, Cave Story wasn't ported to the NES :roll:
Sorry. Also, I wasn't intending to port Cave Story to NES. It is obvious that Cave Story wasn't designed to keep with the limits of retro gaming consoles, unlike MM9/10.
B00daW

Post by B00daW »

http://truechiptilldeath.com/blog/2009/ ... e-modules/

This should let you save them as .ptcop
drdevil

Post by drdevil »

B00daW wrote:http://truechiptilldeath.com/blog/2009/ ... e-modules/

This should let you save them as .ptcop
But how do you edit the program? That's what I don't get.
DevEd

Post by DevEd »

Silly Firefox, don't you know I checked the "Keep me logged in" button?

Anyway, I don't get what you're asking by "how do I edit the program". I assume you mean "how do I edit it with the program". In that case, I would suggest that you RTFM read whatever documentation or READMEs came with the program.

If you're actually trying to edit the PROGRAM, then I can't help you.

thefox

Post by thefox »

DevEd wrote:Silly Firefox, don't you know I checked the "Keep me logged in" button?
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=10419 Maybe the same problem. Although I had the problem with Chrome only, after I started using Firefox for this forum I haven't had problems with being logged out.
Download STREEMERZ for NES from fauxgame.com! — Some other stuff I've done: fo.aspekt.fi
B00daW

Post by B00daW »

drdevil: Use a hex editor. Go to the offsets and patch them.
drdevil

Post by drdevil »

B00daW wrote:drdevil: Use a hex editor. Go to the offsets and patch them.
I've opened up the hex editor. How do you find the offsets and patch them? Sorry but I'm new to all this hex editing stuff.
B00daW

Post by B00daW »

I hope I don't come off too rude, but this isn't necessarily a forum where people hold peoples' hands or step them through the rudamentaries. Try the "Newbie Help Center" subforum for now. :) You gotta start somewhere if you want to get somewhere.
drdevil

Post by drdevil »

B00daW wrote:I hope I don't come off too rude, but this isn't necessarily a forum where people hold peoples' hands or step them through the rudamentaries. Try the "Newbie Help Center" subforum for now. :) You gotta start somewhere if you want to get somewhere.
Sorry. :(