More NSF Requests

Discuss NSF files, FamiTracker, MML tools, or anything else related to NES music.

Moderator: Moderators

Some guest

Post by Some guest »

Hey all. One request I had is for a lesser known game called "Puss n' Boots". Haven't seen it anywhere. If anyone's got the skills though, I'd love it.

Thanks.
Norrin_Radd

Post by Norrin_Radd »

Anonymous wrote:If someone could make an NSF of Tecmo Superbowl, it would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
(First of all, mucho respect for ANYone who can even remotely understand how to rip an NSF. You are truly a king of kings. And I, I am the lowly peasant who likes to rock out to some sweet NES tune action. That's all.)

Holy crap. This totally deserves an NSF. I can only assume that the reason it doesn't have one yet is because it's impossible or something. But damn, the Pro Bowl Music?! and the Super Bowl Music!? I mean, those are gems!
drk421

Post by drk421 »

Request:

Metal Storm

Thanks mucho!
Skunk

Post by Skunk »

Hey Memb! It's me, Kyle, from your other forum... since I suck ass, I haven't posted practicly at all. No knowledge of asm or anything remotely related to dev has led me to... well.. not come back.

Here I am again begging for someone to give Toobin a shot. Memblers tried and some kind of error screwed him up but he did find the music. You can ask him which part of the rom it's at if you need be. I'd love to get the music for this awesome but often over looked game. It'd be heavily appreciated and all that jazz.
Memblers
Site Admin

Post by Memblers »

Hey, yeah I remember that. The file is still uploaded here if anyone wants to mess with it. Sounds like it was close to working, but there must be something that wasn't initialized right.
http://www.parodius.com/~memblers/toobin.nsf
Skunk

Post by Skunk »

Yeah... I really wish I knew what, too, so I could fix it! I love Toobin's music.
Richter X

Re: More NSF Requests

Post by Richter X »

Anonymous wrote:
Homer Simpson wrote:Hi, guys. This is my first post here. I normally don't like to bother people with requests, but I'd really want Konami's "Rollergames" and "Contra Force" ripped NSF-less for my remixing project. I would've done it myself, but I know zilch about the 6502 assembly language :oops:
I thank you in advance for any help.
Here is rollergames http://www.geocities.com/gil_galad75200 ... rgames.zip

I'm still working on Contra Force.
The Rollergames NSF is broken. It's missing the PCM, and it's missing a bunch of songs. Like the Level themes, the final boss, the ending, etc.
Homer Simpson

Post by Homer Simpson »

- which is why it hasn't been removed from the request list. :cry:
Norrin_Radd

Post by Norrin_Radd »

Could have something do due with the fact that the ROM itself is crap. The first levels music gets all bizaro after the first repetition of the song.

:(
tepples

Post by tepples »

Speaking of repetitions and music going bizarre over time, I'd like to see a re-rip of Tengen's Tetяis. It appears that the order table got corrupted, and the parts of each track that are supposed to repeat don't repeat, causing the tracks to get out of alignment with one another. I have proof. If you want to hear this demonstrated, and you're willing to download 4.5 MB of .ogg and .nsf files, go right ahead.

I'd also like to see a re-rip of BPS's Tetris, the one where Down and A are swapped. It's missing at least "Technotris", based on Burgmüller's "Arabesque", which is my favorite track from that game.
Ice Lynx

Marvel's X-Men

Post by Ice Lynx »

I don't necissarily like to be a leech to these things. But it'd be nice to see an NSF archive of Marvel's X-Men ripped and posted. I know it doesn't have THAT many songs... but still, it would be nice to listen to them rather then recording them from the sound card.

Thanks if you can get back to me and do this.
kingshriek

Post by kingshriek »

drk421 wrote:Request:

Metal Storm

Thanks mucho!
I've attempted an NSF rip and came up with this:

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a151/ ... talstm.gif

Just rename the .gif to .zip and extract.

This rip was a little tricky, and I had some trouble getting it to sound right so the above rip might not be completely accurate.
kingshriek

Post by kingshriek »

I decided that I'd do Puss 'n Boots also. It was much easier to do than Metal Storm. Same extraction process as before (rename .gif to .zip and extract). Enjoy.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a151/ ... ssboot.gif
blargg

Post by blargg »

That method of encoding a GIF and ZIP file together is cool (kind of like having the heap grow up and the stack down in memory). I tried both NSF files in my NSF debugger and it didn't notice any internal things that were odd (like accesses to unmapped memory, etc.).

The first Puss 'n Boots first track was silent, and they all clicked at the beginning. I patched the init routine to add one to the track number and NOPed out the DMC ($4011) init to $7f since it doesn't seem to be used. Here's the patched track (in the same zip-in-gif format, heh):

pussboot.2.gif
Norrin_Radd

Post by Norrin_Radd »

Hot damn! Nicely done you guys! Keep the rare NSF's coming!