How do you switch DPCM banks in Famitracker?

Discuss NSF files, FamiTracker, MML tools, or anything else related to NES music.

Moderator: Moderators

spookgoblin

How do you switch DPCM banks in Famitracker?

Post by spookgoblin »

Hey!

As the subject implies, I'm trying to figure out how to do DPCM bank switching in Famitracker.
Anyone ever done this before?

Thanks!
rainwarrior

Re: How do you switch DPCM banks in Famitracker?

Post by rainwarrior »

Famitracker does this automatically. What do you mean?
spookgoblin

Post by spookgoblin »

rainwarrior wrote:Famitracker does this automatically. What do you mean?
It's possible I'm misunderstanding what it means to switch banks.
I am hitting a limit to the number of DMC files I can load and thought that bank switching would be my way around this obstacle.
To step back and explain a bit, I'm trying to do DPCM vocals on a song. Since any silence after samples turns into a garbled, distorted mess, it's not ideal to do long samples (plus they seem to get cut off after so many frames).
rainwarrior

Post by rainwarrior »

The banking is about size, not number of files.

I don't know what the file count limit is for DPCM samples, but banking won't help with that.

There's also the limit of how many DPCM notes you can assign on a single instrument, but you can just use a second instrument for that.
spookgoblin

Post by spookgoblin »

rainwarrior wrote:The banking is about size, not number of files.

I don't know what the file count limit is for DPCM samples, but banking won't help with that.

There's also the limit of how many DPCM notes you can assign on a single instrument, but you can just use a second instrument for that.
Son of a gun... I feel like a numbskull. I think what was making me think I couldn't load more than a certain amount of samples is that if you batch select a large amount of files, only ~20 will get loaded in at a time so you have to go back and load the rest in by hand. That's all it was, though -_-

God, I feel like a dunce.
Thanks either way ;)