Famitracker QT text export?

Discuss NSF files, FamiTracker, MML tools, or anything else related to NES music.

Moderator: Moderators

mrmmaclean

Famitracker QT text export?

Post by mrmmaclean »

Hello all,

Famitracker QT has not been updated for about 3 years, which is too bad since it compiles easily on my Raspberry Pi 4 and runs like a dream!
I know that there's been numerous helpful updates to Famitracker since v0.4.2 (the last time QT was updated) but the only feature I really really need is the text exporter for use with Famitone2.

How complicated is it to include this feature? Do I have to rewrite the code completely (I'm more of a hack than a hacker) or is there a better way to do it?

I know this topic is a little out of date but I literally only have a Pi4 to work on at the moment and I have most other tools I need for my workflow or "good enough" substitutes.

Thanks!
bleubleu

Re: Famitracker QT text export?

Post by bleubleu »

Hi!

I'm no FamiTracker expert, but since no-one has replied let me try to help. The text exporter itself seem to be in 1 cpp + 1 header, the coupling with the rest of the app seem very small. Basically hooked up to the menu of the main window (which might be different in Qt than in MFC).

The only issue you might run into is if the internal data structures of FamiTracker have changed significantly since then. I know some versions changed how effects behaved and there were usually some deprecation code to take care of this. If you are creating an hybrid of 2 wildly different version, you might run into issues.

Good luck.

-Mat