Need help finding the name of a particular game!!!

Discuss NSF files, FamiTracker, MML tools, or anything else related to NES music.

Moderator: Moderators

jacobM

Need help finding the name of a particular game!!!

Post by jacobM » Thu Dec 19, 2019 3:59 am

hey all.

I recently just hacked my wii and installed an nes emulator. im very excited but there is one game in particular i remember playing but cant seem to find or remember the name of at all. i was very young when i played it but heres what i remember.

it was a side-scrolling shooter game with a blue girl (maybe not a girl but whatever) that turned into a shooting spaceship on command. it mightve been set in a cave, but it is a spaceship so it may have been set in space. either way, i remember blue being a colour used a lot. this whole time i thought it was metroid, but again, i was very young when i played it. that is, unfortunately, all i remember.

gauauu

Re: Need help finding the name of a particular game!!!

Post by gauauu » Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:06 am

Wurm is a side scroller with a female protagonist, where you also sometimes play as the character, sometimes as a spaceship-type-vehicle. (The vehicle is blue, the character isn't)

The Guardian Legend also has a female protagonist that transforms into a spaceship, but it's top-down.

Sour

Post by Sour » Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:43 am

Looks like a copy of this: https://www.reddit.com/r/nes/comments/e ... s_view_all

(And the poster of that thread got an answer 2 days ago, so...)

tepples

Post by tepples » Thu Dec 19, 2019 1:56 pm

The accepted answer from that Reddit thread was Super Dimension Fortress Macross (超時空要塞マクロス, Choujikuu Yousai Macross), released by Namco in 1985 on an NROM-128-compatible NAMCOT 3302 board.
(Wikipedia | GameFAQs | NesCartDB | YouTube)

[Locking because this is probably a bot copy-and-paste. TO START PUSH]