Unused / Unknown nsf tracks

Discuss NSF files, FamiTracker, MML tools, or anything else related to NES music.

Moderator: Moderators

Hamtaro126

Post by Hamtaro126 » Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:34 pm

Prototype track from Super Mario Bros 2 (USA):Track 4 (Remixed Underground theme from SMB1)

Teppic

Post by Teppic » Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:16 am

Blades of Steel - The track that play's when the players are entering the arena is cut off, 5th track in the NSF. Also some other tracks in the NSF that I'm not sure are in.

Robin Hood - Haven't heard Track 4 of the NSF in the game.

Kabuki Quantum Fighter - Track 5 in the nsf wasn't used in the game, but was available in the in game sound test.

Edit:

Chip 'N Dale 2 Track 34 in the NSF.

Kizul Emeraldfire

Post by Kizul Emeraldfire » Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:39 am

Cut off: Battletoads - Track 19 (the interludes with Professor Bird/The Dark Queen)

There's a nifty tune that plays on the square waves that you don't get to hear in the game itself. :)

Semi-related to this post: does anyone have a Game Genie code or something for Battletoads that would allow you to change the song that's currently playing? I want to try and play the Terra Tubes level with Track 8 playing — it's the only level that repeats another one's track, hence why I'm curious as to how it'd be. :D

Dacicus

Post by Dacicus » Sat Dec 20, 2008 5:20 pm

Is there an "official" NSF repository from where you guys are getting the files? I've found two versions of the Wizards & Warriors III NSF, only one of which has 23 tracks, but I'd like to make sure it's the same one Dwedit is using.

NotTheCommonDose

Post by NotTheCommonDose » Sun Dec 21, 2008 6:03 pm

There is an unused tune in Bases Loaded 3, track 46 about 17 minutes into silence you'll hear a melody that I'm unfamiliar with.

Bippo Ernesti

Post by Bippo Ernesti » Wed May 20, 2009 5:34 pm

Cut off:
-Darkwing Duck: Ending Cutscene (track 15)

I'm not sure if there's a way of hearing it all the way through, but what always happens during the ending is Darkwing rides on his bike and after a while, he crashes into a rock, sending him flying. The screen stops with Darkwing in mid-air and the music changes to the main theme.

Sivak

Post by Sivak » Wed May 20, 2009 8:38 pm

Nightmare on Elm Street track 1 is the main outdoors theme, but missing the lead. Not used of course.

Bippo Ernesti

Post by Bippo Ernesti » Thu May 21, 2009 7:12 am

Unused/Unknown:
-Lunar Pool/Lunar Ball (track 15)

Cut Off:
-City Connection: Running over a cat (track 5)

I'm not sure if the City Connection thing counts. The track cuts off only a little at best, probably because the track desyncs due to a note that's too short.

HyperGrav

Post by HyperGrav » Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:45 pm

Unused:
Guerilla War, track 9

bucky o'hare

Post by bucky o'hare » Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:14 pm

thanks a lot guys! It's been a while since I posted this but I do have an article on this planned for the not distant future. :)

Bippo Ernesti

Post by Bippo Ernesti » Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:19 pm

Unused/Unknown:
-Transformers: Convoy no Nazo/Mystery of Comvoy (track 5)

Cut off:
-Transformers: Convoy no Nazo/Mystery of Comvoy: Title Screen (track 1)

Again not sure if this cut off track counts, since the theme has a small tune after a couple of seconds of silence, this part is not heard in-game because the game skips to a gameplay demo before it happens.

Mike Haggar

Post by Mike Haggar » Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:49 pm

Teppic wrote:Blades of Steel - The track that play's when the players are entering the arena is cut off, 5th track in the NSF. Also some other tracks in the NSF that I'm not sure are in.
Hey all. I'm on my way to finishing up my 7 disc compilation of NES tunes that I remember from back in the day. The only track I'm unsure is #10 from Blades of Steel, in my nsf file of 51 tracks. In my multiple playthroughs, I haven't been able to find if this was actually used in the game or not.

It's roughly 13 seconds long, kinda upbeat with some techno flair, and ends with Contra-esqe drum beats. Anyone know the tune?

Kiokuffiib11@Yahoo.com

Battleship

Post by Kiokuffiib11@Yahoo.com » Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:30 pm

The whole battleship NSF file found on Zophar's domain, isn't working at all. It skips from track to track, with no sound whatsouever.

Is there any way to fix this?

I'd fix it myself if I knew how to edit the NSF file in hex. I mean, the music is ALL there, just the thing that links to the tracks isn't.

Sivak

Post by Sivak » Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:41 pm

I think the battleship nsf was a bad rip or one from the PAL version. I recall someone doing a good rip sometime, but I don't know where it was hosted. Try looking in the request thread.