It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:01 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:49 pm 

Hello,

I have a bit of an issue here. I can rip the NSF file just fine, however it will make a single ginormous .wav file. Meaning all the songs will be combined in into a single .wav. But I want to rip the tracks in the soundtrack individually. track1.wav, track2.wav etc..

I'm Using:
Winamp 5.623
NotSo Fatso v.0.851

I read a bit around the readme file for NotSo Fatso and you can make a shadow>winamp so you can see the playlist and maybe if the tracks are shown on the playlist I could rip them individually. As I tried rippin the songs that way I get a pop-up error 8 times.. The number of times being the amount of songs... As it tries to rip each song the pop up comes up.. I tried rippin to .mp3 and .wav and same results..

Here are my settings on NotSo, config1,2,3, the shadow on playlist, and the settings I have on Diskwriter.. and the popup I get *error*.

I'm totally baffled here.. What am I doing wrong? how can I get these single tracks to rip correctly? Is there a better way of doing this? Thank you in advance.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:26 pm 

I dunno about NotSoFatso, but maybe you would like to try NSFPlay? It's got a "save WAV" button right on the player, though it is also a winamp plugin so you can make a playlist and use the winamp diskwriter if you like.

http://rainwarrior.ca/projects/nsfplay/index.html

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:57 pm 

Rain, thank you for your input!

I just got it and tried but sadly it makes a single file too, Unless there is an option I missed to make single tracks.. I could split the .wav with goldwave.. but I'll do that as my last resort if I can't find an answer to this issue.

Thanks again.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:03 pm 

When you click the red "save WAV" icon in NSFPlay it will save a WAV of the current track, it never continues to the next track. The winamp disk-writer seems to split the tracks just fine too, so I'm not sure what the source of your problem is.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:27 pm 

I think there's a check box in the disk writer plugin that makes it use only a single file.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:43 pm 

Guys I fixed it, thank you for the help and hints provided... Finally holy lord. I can't stand when things are RIGHT but they don't work like this instance.

The problem was that I had checked the option in disk writer preferences "Output to directory containing source files" So this made the filepath start with: nsf://0:C:\ as shown in the error picture.. making the process faulty; It was me being lazy but whatever I'll keep that default which is your music folder by default.

I did this same thing with SNES soundtracks but converted them into high lossy mp3 a long time ago. But I'm in the mood to UP the quality now. I know Wav files are not compressed like MP3s.. But I'm still not sure.

Can I actually convert the Wav into a Flac? and still have that considered lossless?

Thank you again!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:18 pm 
Formerly 65024U

You can't pull the extra data you need out of thin air obviously. You can't covert to flac unless you have that data in some form, usually recorded without encoding.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:32 pm 

Yes WAV to Flac is a lossless operation. Flac is lossless.