Selling a PowerPak?

Discuss hardware-related topics, such as development cartridges, CopyNES, PowerPak, EPROMs, or whatever.

Moderators: B00daW, Moderators

neshiggins

Selling a PowerPak?

Post by neshiggins » Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:56 am

Hi guys, I'm new here, so apologies if such posts aren't allowed. I'm looking to sell my NES PowerPak - would here be suitable place to try to do so? eBay appears to frown on devices that are capable of facilitating piracy, despite the homebrew/dev potential.

Thanks, Bob.

elseyf

Re: Selling a PowerPak?

Post by elseyf » Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:02 pm

Out of curiosity, what would you want for your power pak?

neshiggins

Post by neshiggins » Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:50 pm

I'm looking for around 110USD, or your equivalent local currency, plus P&P. Comes with a 4GB Kingston CF card, and has only been used for a couple of months.

wyatt8740

Post by wyatt8740 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:00 pm

It would have to be lots less for me to want yours. For all I know there could be something wrong with it and I don't want something for 25 dollars less that doesn't work; I would rather pay the extra $25 for something that does.
If you suggest a lower price, I am in the market for one. :)
(It would make it a lot easier than making a repro)

3gengames
Formerly 65024U

Post by 3gengames » Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:10 pm

Plus, the N8 is out. It's better than the powerpak, and costs what you want for yours...not trying to be rude, just pointing out the facts. :)

elseyf

Post by elseyf » Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:45 pm

I would also go for it if price was less than what you want. Shipping should not be too much, around 5-7€ from GB to Germany i think.
And indeed, it would ease up the process of testing my hacks on actual console, than having to set up my old laptop to burn tge eprom, what takes a long time than just copying to a CF :D

neshiggins

Post by neshiggins » Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:52 pm

Wow, OK, I'd never heard of the N8 before. It's fully working, so I'm open to offers :) $90 USD ish? The N8 is around $140 plus shipping where I've looked.
What are its advantages over the PowerPak, besides it coming in a 60-pin format too? Better mapper compatibility and more modern storage medium?

lidnariq

Post by lidnariq » Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:16 pm

neshiggins wrote:What are [the N8's] advantages over the PowerPak, besides it coming in a 60-pin format too? Better mapper compatibility and more modern storage medium?
As I understand it, "using SD" and "being actively maintained at all".

I'm a little more excited by the InviteNES, but I think only because they've been better at sharing progress with this forum.

MottZilla

Post by MottZilla » Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:05 am

lidnariq wrote:
neshiggins wrote:What are [the N8's] advantages over the PowerPak, besides it coming in a 60-pin format too? Better mapper compatibility and more modern storage medium?
As I understand it, "using SD" and "being actively maintained at all".
In other words, there is no advantage. It uses SD rather than CF. They both support just about the same mappers. They in general, do the same thing. I like the EverDrive products. But I've had a PowerPAK for a long time. There is no reason for me to replace it with the N8 EverDrive. The one advantage I know of doesn't apply to me, it works on clones apparently. If all you have is a clone then N8 is for you. And ofcourse if your clone has swapped duty cycles, you could actually use the N8 to run patched ROMs that swap the duty cycles in software to match the duty cycle swap in hardware.

Pasky

Post by Pasky » Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:02 am

Only advantage I can think of is auto SRAM saving rather than holding the reset. I wouldn't expect krikkz to expand the mapper support much, seems to be a few issues with games that don't work correctly even on mappers listed as working. Although, to give it the benefit of the doubt it hasn't been on the market as long as the powerpak to get the compatibility better, but seeing krikkz's pattern of usually not supporting anything I doubt you'll see any improvement. I'll be waiting for the powerpak 2.0 personally :P.

MottZilla

Post by MottZilla » Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:53 pm

Krikzz does support his products. The only thing is that he has many products now. He can't be updating/adding features to all of them all the time. I would expect Krikzz will add more mappers. But in the end the two products are comparable. And isn't there supposed to be a PowerPAK 2 coming along with new features?

zzo38

Post by zzo38 » Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:12 pm

I prefer CF over SD.
[url=gopher://zzo38computer.org/].[/url]

tokumaru

Post by tokumaru » Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:28 pm

zzo38 wrote:I prefer CF over SD.
CF is becoming quite difficult to find in stores, though. The last ones I got I found in a "as is" bin for a pretty low price. I only got 2 because I didn't want to risk spending more money on garbage. Both appear to work fine though.

neshiggins

Post by neshiggins » Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:05 pm

This is still available, is there no interest? I'm open to (non-silly) offers, just bear in mind that I live in the UK, so shipping will be a bit higher than normal.

Thanks.

Edit: I'm throwing in a 2GB Kingston CF card, plus USB CF reader

snstay

Post by snstay » Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:28 pm

i predict the powerpak 2 will be out when heck freezes over. So you might as well invest in the n8.