Perfect FDS 2C33 audio when not using actual FDS disks?

Discuss hardware-related topics, such as development cartridges, CopyNES, PowerPak, EPROMs, or whatever.

Moderator: Moderators

KittyFae

Re: Perfect FDS 2C33 audio when not using actual FDS disks?

Post by KittyFae »

So I finally figured out how to write to disks using the FDSStick and a Twin Famicom.
1) Make or get the normal FDSStick to Twin Famicom pin connector (the add on option when ordering)
2) Get a proto board and wire up 2 female 12 pin header connectors and wire them both together pin-to-pin
3) On a blank space for the proto board solder in a male 12 pin connector (the one that goes into port D)
4) Connect the ground and power pins from the 12 pin male into the two 12 pin female adapters (Pins 9 and 10 on Port D, pins 2 and 4 on the RAM adapter cable)
5) Plug in the cable from step one into one of the 2 female 12 pin connectors, connect the stock plug you unplugged and plug that into the other connector
6) Turn on the famicom and you are good to go using the FDSStick GUI, and not having to open the console.

This is at least how I was able to successfully dump and write to disks using the build in FDS drive on the Twin Famicom
Tomy

FD3206 modchip v3

Post by Tomy »

http://www.tototek.com/store/index.php? ... cts_id=207

It is new and not like other modchip, it don't need to cut any wires on the drive board. And of course support fdsstick.
Tomy

Post by Tomy »

FDSStick Transfer Cable

http://www.tototek.com/store/index.php? ... cts_id=206

If you know how to use solder iron, I sugguest you make it by yourself. This product is for people who can not make by themself. All info can find on loopy site.
spacemonkey

Post by spacemonkey »

Has anyone connected a ram adapter to the cart port on a Twin Famicom and got the FDSSTICK or a FDS drive to work with it that way? I always assumed it would work but never tried it until now.

*Edit*

Tried another Famicom Twin and it worked fine, turns out my other Famicom Twin has a fault.
Eatitup86

Post by Eatitup86 »

Update:
Scratch that I managed to get it working. Most versions online appear to be improperly patched so you have to do it yourself.

Original Post:
Has anyone tested the Kalin no Tsurugi (Sword of Kalin) English patch?

Every time I try to load it I am getting Disk Trouble ERR. 25

If you run the game unpatched it works fine so I am not sure why the english patch breaks the game. :\