Getting S-Video from a NESRGB-modded Famicom2

Discuss hardware-related topics, such as development cartridges, CopyNES, PowerPak, EPROMs, or whatever.

Moderators: B00daW, Moderators

Myria

Getting S-Video from a NESRGB-modded Famicom2

Post by Myria » Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:57 pm

I have a NESRGB-modded A/V Famicom. I use it with a GameCube SCART cable, and I get SCART RGB output just fine. However, sometimes I take my Famicom2 on the road with me (particularly, to *GDQ).

I don't want to bring my full setup--my XRGB-3, DVI+audio-to-HDMI converter box, etc.--with me. When I travel, I'd prefer to use S-Video output, because it is much easier to find a TV to which I can connect my Famicom.

The Famicom2 has the Multi A/V port of the SNES, and SNES already has an S-Video cable for it (as do N64 and GameCube). It'd be nice if I could hook up the NESRGB such that I can use a SNES/GC/N64 S-Video cable with my Famicom2.

Melissa

lidnariq

Re: Getting S-Video from a NESRGB-modded Famicom2

Post by lidnariq » Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:12 pm

Doesn't the NESRGB add Y and C outputs? Should be able to connect those just fine - http://www.gamesx.com/wiki/doku.php?id= ... ndomultiav

ApolloBoy

Post by ApolloBoy » Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:37 am

The NESRGB already has chroma and luma outputs, just wire them up to the multiout and you're done.

qwertymodo

Post by qwertymodo » Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:49 am

In addition to what's been said already, you'll want to double check your S-Video cable to be sure it's actually connecting separate Y/C signals. A lot of the cheap ones just feed composite to both. It usually works, but it looks like crap.