NES Classic Edition - Nintendo's own repro console

Discuss hardware-related topics, such as development cartridges, CopyNES, PowerPak, EPROMs, or whatever.

Moderators: B00daW, Moderators

lidnariq

Re: NES Classic Edition - Nintendo's own repro console

Post by lidnariq » Wed May 17, 2017 12:09 pm

Basically, the amount of branching wire you can get away depends on the lengths of the branches and the frequencies involved. A very short Y such as perhaps 6 inches, when used at the 400kHz frequency that's used by the Nunchuk, will be assuredly functional.

On the other hand, two 10 foot long tails after the branch ... that's asking for it to be unreliable.

The_Nothing

Post by The_Nothing » Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:07 pm

Hey all,

I am new here and I created an account just to see if anyone would be wiling to help me.

I have successfully soldered a carrier in place of the Flash chip on the nes classic and I can swap chips in and out. I have a chip that is 4x the size of the original (Same die, just more storage) and I am trying to figure out how to copy the original information on the chip over to the new one.

I have UART, and everything ready but using it and the commands is far above anything I have done before. Is there anyone in here that might be able to help me finish this project up?

Thanks,

SatoshiMatrix

Post by SatoshiMatrix » Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:30 pm

Wow, I'd like to see some images of what you did.

The_Nothing

Post by The_Nothing » Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:09 pm

These are picture of the carrier open. I can swap the new chip and the original chip in and out. It still works and runs just fine with the original chip and it will load the kernel from hakchi just fine on the new one but it won't boot. Cluster told me I need to load the Nand and Uboot on the new one so I need to figure out how to get that done and then I can flash additional chips for people to get soldered on.

I know Uboot is in the source files from nintendo and I also know that the NAND has been decrypted by someone but doing all of that over the UART connection is way above my head. I need some guidance to help me get through it. I am not a Linux guy.