Hi-Def NES FAQ?

Discuss hardware-related topics, such as development cartridges, CopyNES, PowerPak, EPROMs, or whatever.

Moderator: Moderators

Uffawa

Hi-Def NES FAQ?

Post by Uffawa »

Hey everyone,

I'm quite new to the community and actually just finished my first Hi-Def NES install and it is above and beyond my expectations. Thanks to Game-Tech US and Kevtris for the abundant amount of information that made for a very smooth install.

I have a few questions:

1. The Hi-Def NES seems to get the bottom of my front loader pretty warm. How warm is too warm? With electronics I hate these kinds of questions simply because most of the time the heat is totally normal, but I read about someone on Atariage who had catastrophic failure and one of their symptoms was warmth. The device being warm I'm totally ok with, I just want to be sure it's doing what it should.

2. While playing Super Mario / DuckHunt I noticed I get these random horizontal lines flickers maybe 1-2 pixels tall. They don't happen all the time but they do happen. Part of me thinks it's just the game, but again, just making sure it is "normal."

3. Is there a FAQ for stuff like this? Maybe a sticky for Hi-Def NES would be helpful for questions such as these. Thank you!
Last edited by Uffawa on Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lidnariq

Re: Hi-Def NES FAQ?

Post by lidnariq »

Uffawa wrote:2. While playing Super Mario / DuckHunt I noticed I get these random horizontal lines. They don't happen all the time but they do happen. Part of me thinks it's just the game, but again, just making sure it is "normal."
Do they look like the ones on described in https://forums.nesdev.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10104 ?
Uffawa

Post by Uffawa »

lidnariq wrote:
Uffawa wrote:2. While playing Super Mario / DuckHunt I noticed I get these random horizontal lines. They don't happen all the time but they do happen. Part of me thinks it's just the game, but again, just making sure it is "normal."
Do they look like the ones on described in https://forums.nesdev.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10104 ?

Yes indeed, God. Sorry to ask something that's obviously been answered! Haha
lidnariq

Post by lidnariq »

Don't be too hard on yourself. The hard part is knowing how to ask the question: only then is the answer easy.
thomas83lin

Post by thomas83lin »

Uffawa wrote: 2. While playing Super Mario / DuckHunt I noticed I get these random horizontal lines flickers maybe 1-2 pixels tall. They don't happen all the time but they do happen. Part of me thinks it's just the game, but again, just making sure it is "normal."
There's a ips patch fix for the scanline glitch on smb1 if your using a flash cart. Not sure if i can link to it, but here it is. http://krikzz.com/forum/index.php?topic ... 2#msg43672
If its against the rules, someone let me know. I've personally tested it on the hi def and it works good. You can also just change the phase option in the menu of the hi def to clear up smb1. I believe phase 2 clears up the lines but slightly causes speckles on the title screen.
Check out my WiiU\Wii\VC\Wiiware Codes from me Here or get my codes on the Geckocode Database Here