It is currently Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:18 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:28 am 

Those adapters already exist: http://raphnet.com/products/snes_to_nes_cable/index.php

EDIT: I see that they're out of stock. Who knows if they will be available again.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:18 am 

Hi...as per my knowledge JST-5-PHR, Detachable connection of cable at printed circuit board The catch bar at casing allows an audible click while plugging. A circular trough at the plug connector allows a reverse voltage protection. Can be soldered very well due to pre-tin coating.

quick turn assembly

Last edited by PeterJohn48115 on Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:28 pm 

I have decided that I will just reuse original terminals from the original cable. I will post an update here with results.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:20 pm 
Site Admin

tepples wrote:
I'd be interested in adapters to plug Super NES controllers into NES, particularly things like the Capcom Fighter Power Stick and Super NES Mouse. This would be an extension cable with a Super NES controller receptacle at one end and an NES controller plug at the other.

You could bundle a mouse, an adapter, and a multicart of homebrew mouse games (which ROM I could provide).

I'm going to be building some of those, as shown on here:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1115970826/spook-o-tron-a-halloween-themed-homebrew-game-for/description

I'm really preferring to have a factory make a bunch of them. I would definitely like to supply large quantities for cheap to homebrewers/publishers. But if I go that way I'll be stuck with a huge amount of them for a long time. In any event, I'll build some by hand but they won't be as cheap as I'd like.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:41 am 

Here is a quick update. I'm happy to say that I have successfully managed to finish the project. In the end I had used the original wire terminals (had to solder them to new wires) and then desoldered the original connector from the controller's PCB and soldered a new one. It was necessary to buy a crimping tool but was worth it. Now I can replace the cable as I see fit (now I have a SFC controller with 2m cable instead of 1m).

I can post some pictures if you're interested.