Pcb manufacturers in China

Discuss hardware-related topics, such as development cartridges, CopyNES, PowerPak, EPROMs, or whatever.

Moderator: Moderators

Dear.A

Pcb manufacturers in China

Post by Dear.A »

I am doing my recent project, ordered pcb board in China.
Good quality and reasonable price.
Because I need emergency, delivery time is also very fast.
I was impressed that their service was particularly good.
http://www.wellpcb.com/

Number of layers: 2
Quantity: 5
Size: 47 * 72mm
Copper thickness: 1 ounce
Thickness: 1.6mm
Delivery time: 3 days
Attachments
3.jpg
2.jpg
1.jpg
tepples

Re: Pcb manufacturers in China

Post by tepples »

Does the service make 1.2 mm PCBs? That's what's in an NES Game Pak.
Ice Man

Post by Ice Man »

10 pieces of 10x10cm costs $33.
That's quite expensive.

Elecrow only charges $9.50 for that and they have all options available that you will ever need.
Also 1.2mm thickness. :P

Thanks for the info though.
mikejmoffitt

Post by mikejmoffitt »

tepples wrote:Does the service make 1.2 mm PCBs? That's what's in an NES Game Pak.
Their PCB capability page shows:
http://www.wellpcb.com/pcb/pcb-capability.html wrote:Finished Board Thickness: 0.2-6.0mm
So, that's quite flexible. I might give them a try at some point.
Jeroen

Post by Jeroen »

Ehm, are we just gonna be cool with corporate spammers now?
tepples

Post by tepples »

What makes it spam? It appears on-topic, unlike (say) posts advertising ED pills.
Jeroen

Post by Jeroen »

tepples wrote:What makes it spam? It appears on-topic, unlike (say) posts advertising ED pills.
Look at the user's post history. The only reason he seems to have joined is to post links to his (company's) pcb service.

At best these reviews are gonna be heavily biased.

Or to look at it in other terms, if they want to advertise...maybe they should pay the host of the message board.
Quietust

Post by Quietust »

If the "recent project" directly involved the NES or Famicom, then it would be on-topic. As it is, it's off-topic - it may be related to hardware, but it's not related to NES hardware.
Quietust, QMT Productions
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
tepples

Post by tepples »

Jeroen wrote:Or to look at it in other terms, if they want to advertise...maybe they should pay the host of the message board.
If taken too far, that could lead to an outcome I would find undesirable, such as only donors being allowed to announce new projects in Homebrew Projects.
Quietust wrote:If the "recent project" directly involved the NES or Famicom, then it would be on-topic. As it is, it's off-topic - it may be related to hardware, but it's not related to NES hardware.
<sarcasm>Then let's not paywall Homebrew Projects; let's just paywall Other Retro Dev.</sarcasm>

I just don't want to make the wrong decision here and end up having the wrong decision cited as precedent down the road. That's why I feel a need to be careful in defining spam, so that we don't end up inadvertently banning activities that other users have found useful.
Jeroen

Post by Jeroen »

tepples wrote:
Jeroen wrote:Or to look at it in other terms, if they want to advertise...maybe they should pay the host of the message board.
If taken too far, that could lead to an outcome I would find undesirable, such as only donors being allowed to announce new projects in Homebrew Projects.
Quietust wrote:If the "recent project" directly involved the NES or Famicom, then it would be on-topic. As it is, it's off-topic - it may be related to hardware, but it's not related to NES hardware.
<sarcasm>Then let's not paywall Homebrew Projects; let's just paywall Other Retro Dev.</sarcasm>

I just don't want to make the wrong decision here and end up having the wrong decision cited as precedent down the road. That's why I feel a need to be careful in defining spam, so that we don't end up inadvertently banning activities that other users have found useful.
Luckily we have actual people as mods, who should be able to assess a situation and based on context apply rules.

Not like it's a court of law where people go behind bars if a bad decision is made.
adam_smasher

Post by adam_smasher »

What pushes this into unquestionable spam territory for me is the fact that the original poster:

1) is clearly here solely to advertise, not to be a part of the community; they've been a user since March and only made two posts, both to advertise this business

2) isn't making any attempt to engage with the community ("Hi NESDev, I know you're often making carts etc. and need PCBs, so..."); this is a canned post.

3) pretends in this posts that they're merely a customer of the advertised business rather than someone on its behalf (this isn't proven but it's obvious to me & others)

4) doesn't strike me as a small/independent company or hobbyist. it's hard to draw this line, but tolerating a guy advertising his new NES game (by definition a small-scale endeavour) is one thing; and I think this is something else

Now, I might be wrong on that last point - it might just be a couple of guys in China working out of their garage - but the rest stand.

Anyway, in the context of a small hobbyist BBS, I think "I know it when I see it" is an acceptable rule for these things.

And if you don't delete crack down on this, it could lead to spammers overrunning the board, pointing to this thread as a reason why they should stay (even if I wouldn't expect that kind of community involvement from spammers).
mikejmoffitt

Post by mikejmoffitt »

I agree that advertisement posts like this should be deleted if there's no engagement or any real other content, even if some of us skim them quickly and don't pay a lot of attention to those facts :P
Dear.A

Post by Dear.A »

tepples wrote:Does the service make 1.2 mm PCBs? That's what's in an NES Game Pak.
My board thickness is 1.6mm, and their website can produce products according to your needs.
Dear.A

Post by Dear.A »

Ice Man wrote:10 pieces of 10x10cm costs $33.
That's quite expensive.

Elecrow only charges $9.50 for that and they have all options available that you will ever need.
Also 1.2mm thickness. :P

Thanks for the info though.
Thank you for your information.
I saw the website you mentioned, Elecrow is the online store, not pcb manufacturer.
rainwarrior

Post by rainwarrior »

adam_smasher wrote:And if you don't delete crack down on this, it could lead to spammers overrunning the board, pointing to this thread as a reason why they should stay (even if I wouldn't expect that kind of community involvement from spammers).
Spammers aren't lawyers. They don't argue from precedent. They simply post wherever they manage.

In this particular case:
  • The messages clearly aren't automated.
  • Dear.A is actually responding politely to questions.
  • It's a product that is relevant to this community.
  • They're not bumping dead threads, or posting aggressively.
This seems rather well behaved to me. Not harmful at all at its worst. I don't really see any problem here, yet.

There's light years' difference between this and the spammer makes a hundred irrelevant Russian-language posts about knock-off brand watches in any thread the can.