It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:23 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours





Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:29 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:07 pm
Posts: 16
Hi, I bought the Kazzo cartridge "INL Retro" Dumper-Programmer to dump a 82 in 1 Chinese cart but I'm having trouble,
all the scripts I tested with Anago did not work, sorry for the lack of knowledge about it, it goes on Attach the photo of
the cartridge and the board. Thank you.


Game selection menu: ( youtube )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOhE7UNCNXk

Cart Photos :

Attachment:
IMG-20170815-WA0041[1].jpg
IMG-20170815-WA0041[1].jpg [ 126.16 KiB | Viewed 715 times ]


Attachment:
IMG-20170815-WA0039[1].jpg
IMG-20170815-WA0039[1].jpg [ 114.79 KiB | Viewed 715 times ]


Attachment:
IMG-20170815-WA0043[1].jpg
IMG-20170815-WA0043[1].jpg [ 105.66 KiB | Viewed 713 times ]


Attachment:
IMG-20170815-WA0045[1].jpg
IMG-20170815-WA0045[1].jpg [ 151.08 KiB | Viewed 713 times ]


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 9:43 pm
Posts: 10119
Location: Rio de Janeiro - Brazil
What exactly makes this cartridge "rare"? Just curious.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:45 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:07 pm
Posts: 16
tokumaru wrote:
What exactly makes this cartridge "rare"? Just curious.


I played it in my childhood and spent a long time looking for a rom to download or get a cartridge, after two years I managed to find one on e-bay.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:52 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2008 11:12 am
Posts: 6458
Location: UK (temporarily)
To dump the cartridge, we need to know the same information one would need to emulate it.

Pictures of the front and back of PCB would be a good starting point. For the side with the ICs, multiple angles such that we can see what traces go to what pins would be nice. Depending, the pictures may not be good enough, and you may need to sit down with a continuity meter and figure out which pins on the small ICs in the corner go to what pins on the cartridge connector and/or large ICs.

With the parts on that board— Two 74LS174s, a 74LS139, a 74LS153, and a 74LS32—we can be assured that this is yet another one of the multicarts that support 16K/32K games and switchable mirroring.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:24 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:15 pm
Posts: 352
like mapper 63.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:06 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:07 pm
Posts: 16
lidnariq wrote:
To dump the cartridge, we need to know the same information one would need to emulate it.

Pictures of the front and back of PCB would be a good starting point. For the side with the ICs, multiple angles such that we can see what traces go to what pins would be nice. Depending, the pictures may not be good enough, and you may need to sit down with a continuity meter and figure out which pins on the small ICs in the corner go to what pins on the cartridge connector and/or large ICs.

With the parts on that board— Two 74LS174s, a 74LS139, a 74LS153, and a 74LS32—we can be assured that this is yet another one of the multicarts that support 16K/32K games and switchable mirroring.



Attachment:
20170815_212856.jpg
20170815_212856.jpg [ 1.8 MiB | Viewed 659 times ]


Attachment:
20170815_212917.jpg
20170815_212917.jpg [ 1.94 MiB | Viewed 659 times ]


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:07 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:07 pm
Posts: 16
zxbdragon wrote:
like mapper 63.



I did not find this script to download, could give me instructions on how to do it. thank you.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:45 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:15 pm
Posts: 352
You read first 32K data and upload.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:53 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2008 11:12 am
Posts: 6458
Location: UK (temporarily)
Unfortunately, too many traces are hidden under the ICs for me to be able to deduce the function of that board from just pictures.

What I can tell:
* Only ten of the twelve bits of storage in the latches are connected
* The latches are cleared on reset
* The 74'153 is used to select between 16K/32K games and between H/V nametable layout.

If both ROMs are 1 MiB, and only ten bits are present in the banking register, then seven bits select which 16K PRG bank, one selects PRG bank size, one selects H/V nametable layout, and the one remaining one ... who knows. Possibly UNROM layout, given the 74'32.

Odds are good that you could just use a Kazoo script that was shaped something like
Code:
function cpu_dump(d, pagesize, banksize) {
   for(local i = 0; i < 1024; i += 1){
      cpu_write(d, 0x8000|i, i);
      cpu_read(d, 0x8000, 16384);
   }
}
and then just have to figure out how to re-shuffle the resultant 16MiB dump to extract the actual 2 MiB of data.


Alternatively, use a continuity meter to figure out which address pins on the ICs labeled "NCN-82" connect to which pins on the small ICs.


Last edited by lidnariq on Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:56 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:07 pm
Posts: 16
zxbdragon wrote:
You read first 32K data and upload.


I'm sorry but I do not know how to do it, and which script to use. thank you.

Attachment:
Untitled-1.jpg
Untitled-1.jpg [ 78.17 KiB | Viewed 644 times ]


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:59 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:15 pm
Posts: 352
flaviocaste wrote:
zxbdragon wrote:
You read first 32K data and upload.


I'm sorry but I do not know how to do it, and which script to use. thank you.

Attachment:
Untitled-1.jpg

cnrom.ad


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:26 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:07 pm
Posts: 16
lidnariq wrote:
Unfortunately, too many traces are hidden under the ICs for me to be able to deduce the function of that board from just pictures.

What I can tell:
* Only ten of the twelve bits of storage in the latches are connected
* The latches are cleared on reset
* The 74'153 is used to select between 16K/32K games and between H/V nametable layout.

If both ROMs are 1 MiB, and only ten bits are present in the banking register, then seven bits select which 16K PRG bank, one selects PRG bank size, one selects H/V nametable layout, and the one remaining one ... who knows. Possibly UNROM layout, given the 74'32.

Odds are good that you could just use a Kazoo script that was shaped something like
Code:
function cpu_dump(d, pagesize, banksize) {
   for(local i = 0; i < 1024; i += 1){
      cpu_write(d, 0x8000|i, i);
      cpu_read(d, 0x8000, 16384);
   }
}
and then just have to figure out how to re-shuffle the resultant 16MiB dump to extract the actual 2 MiB of data.


Alternatively, use a continuity meter to figure out which address pins on the ICs labeled "NCN-82" connect to which pins on the small ICs.


Thanks for the answer, according to the image, I mapped the connections between the NCN ICs for the smaller ICs, I do not know how to edit the scripts, if you can send me, I'll be grateful. (Sorry for the ugly connection lines).


Attachments:
20170815_2129171.jpg
20170815_2129171.jpg [ 2.06 MiB | Viewed 606 times ]
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:33 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:07 pm
Posts: 16
zxbdragon wrote:
flaviocaste wrote:
zxbdragon wrote:
You read first 32K data and upload.


I'm sorry but I do not know how to do it, and which script to use. thank you.

Attachment:
The attachment Untitled-1.jpg is no longer available

cnrom.ad



I took the test and the message appeared:

Attachment:
screen.jpg
screen.jpg [ 88.83 KiB | Viewed 606 times ]



Apparently the kazoo driver is installed correctly:

Attachment:
Untitled-2.jpg
Untitled-2.jpg [ 116.2 KiB | Viewed 606 times ]


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:49 am
Posts: 1925
Location: WhereverIparkIt, USA
You'll need to flash the original kazzo firmware onto the device as explained in the readme. You've got my firmware installed which is focused on flashing operations.

_________________
If you're gonna play the Game Boy, you gotta learn to play it right. -Kenny Rogers


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:19 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2008 11:12 am
Posts: 6458
Location: UK (temporarily)
Easy things first:

What you've traced shows this functionality:
Code:
           +--------+++- not yet known
           |        |||
 A~[1... ..up PPPP Puuu]
            | |||| |
            | ++++-+---- 32KB PRG slice (i.e. ROM A15 through A19)
            +----------- very likely A20 = ROM1 vs ROM2


The remaining functions must exist in the remaining four bits:
1- one bit must select between H/V nametable layout. This will be which of the pins on the two GD74LS174s connects to "pin 2" on the 74LS153.
2- one bit must disable writes to the HY6264 RAM. This will be which of the pins on the two GDLS174s connect to ... some of the pins on the 74LS32.
3- one bit must select between 16K and 32K PRG. This will be which of the pins on the two GD74LS174s connects to "pin 14" on the 74LS153.
4- one bit must select between the upper and lower half when in 16K PRG mode. This will be two of pins 3-6 on the 74LS153.

Either way, one of these two kazoo fragments should give you a valid dump:
Code:
 board <- {
   mappernum = 100, /* Note: No mapper yet assigned to this board. 100 is just a "known bad" value. */
   cpu_rom = {
      size_base = 16 * mega, size_max = 16 * mega, banksize = 0x8000
   },
   ppu_rom = {
      size_base = 0, size_max = 0, banksize = 0
   },
   ppu_ramfind = false, vram_mirrorfind = true
};

function cpu_dump(d, pagesize, banksize) {
  for (local i = 0; i < pagesize; i += 1) {
    cpu_write(d, 0x8000|(i*8), i);
    cpu_read(d, 0x8000, 0x4000);
    cpu_read(d, 0xc000, 0x4000);
  }
}

OR
Code:
 // Same as above, but change the similar line to:
    cpu_write(d, 0x8207|(i*8), i);


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC - 7 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group