transfer eprom to pc

Discuss hardware-related topics, such as development cartridges, CopyNES, PowerPak, EPROMs, or whatever.

Moderator: Moderators

coinheaven

transfer eprom to pc

Post by coinheaven »

i havea top853 and and old willem programmer. any advice on how to transfer the file from an eprom to my pc? thanks!
FrankWDoom

Re: transfer eprom to pc

Post by FrankWDoom »

pop the chip in and read it with the programming software. save to file.

I have a top853 and have done this regularly. are you having trouble with something specific?
tokumaru

Post by tokumaru »

I know from experience that parallel port programmers hardly ever work with newer PCs. I was always fighting my old Willem on the computer I had when I bought it, and could never get it to work after I upgraded my PC. Had to buy an USB EPROM programmer eventually.

Assuming you can get the computer to recognize and communicate with the programmer, the software should have an option to read memory chips.
rainwarrior

Post by rainwarrior »

I have to run an XP virtual machine when I want to use my USB TOP853. (At least, I've never found any software for it that runs on Windows 7.)
coinheaven

Post by coinheaven »

great, ill give this a shot then. my dad got a bunch of old love tester machines and the eprom chip was erased in one of them, so he needs me to take the file from one of the chips and burn a new one. thanks, Ill let you know if i need any more help!