VS Gumshoe Patched For Home Consoles

Discuss hardware-related topics, such as development cartridges, CopyNES, PowerPak, EPROMs, or whatever.

Moderator: Moderators

AWal

VS Gumshoe Patched For Home Consoles

Post by AWal »

Recently I was getting caught up on patches for other VS. System games, reminding myself in the process that I had patched VS. Gumshoe so that it would work on a home console.

This patch has actually been finished for about two years, but multiple hard drive crashes kind of put it at the back of my mind. Thankfully, I had been testing the ROM on my Everdrive, so I still had that copy. :)

It uses the GN-ROM mapper, and the PRG ROMs are duplicated to allow that mapper to work. The CHR ROMs are actually untouched.

Patch has been made against the GoodNES 3.14 "Gumshoe (VS).nes" with it's provided incorrect header.
The Patch has been made in the bps format using flips.

Full write-up included in attached zip.

Mirror:
https://www.mediafire.com/?ker7j08gq4a76ib
Attachments
VS Gumshoe Patch For Home Consoles by AWal.zip
(4.05 KiB) Downloaded 269 times
Fisher

Re: VS Gumshoe Patched For Home Consoles

Post by Fisher »

That's great!
Thanks.
Does a patch for vs Mach Rider exists?
lidnariq

Post by lidnariq »

Our of curiosity, how does Vs. Gumshoe differ from the official console release?
AWal

Post by AWal »

Fisher wrote:Does a patch for vs Mach Rider exists?
pcfreak has an incomplete one here. With it you can coin up and start game from the first controller, but the palette is unpatched.
lidnariq wrote:how does Vs. Gumshoe differ from the official console release?
I'm not sure myself. It's most likely slightly harder, as with most of these versions of the games.

I have the dip switches assigned to their default values (all in the off position; hardware low).