powerpak problem

Discuss hardware-related topics, such as development cartridges, CopyNES, PowerPak, EPROMs, or whatever.

Moderator: Moderators

2a0384

powerpak problem

Post by 2a0384 »

got one recently, loads and plays games with basic mappers, tried up to 1.30 and it works, but if I try the save state powermappers (which is the reason I bought the thing), it says file not found when trying to load any games.

newest mappers from retrousb site or ultimatemappers says bad file header on boot and wont even let me select games, I assume the cart itself is working since I can play games, so it's maybe a cf problem but why would it half work on certain mappers? transcend 4gb fat32.

try order a different card?
tepples

Re: powerpak problem

Post by tepples »

Which ROM are you using, and how did you get it? Is it ripped from your own cartridge using a Kazzo or the like?

If you have a hex editor on your PC, what are the first 16 bytes of the ROM (starting with 4E 45 53, which means "NES")?
2a0384

Post by 2a0384 »

not my own cartridge, forget where I got them but just tested a few I had, they work with mappers 1.20, 1.30, but say file not found on powermappers, same roms.

the bad file header message when using retrousb newest mapper occurs even without any roms on the cf, it says that right after loading screen and wont let me select roms.

You think it's a rom thing? Actually I will try a whole bunch just to be sure, I more suspect the cf and that 4gb and that brand is not so good with the powerpak, I ordered some lower capacity cf cards for cheap so hopefully that will fix it.
Memblers
Site Admin

Post by Memblers »

I had that "bad file header" problem a while back, what I did was copy the files off the CF card to my PC, formatted the CF card, copied the stuff back, then it worked.
2a0384

Post by 2a0384 »

edit: formatted clean and used usb 2 port instead of usb 3 for my card reader (maybe that did something) and everything works, thanks for advice :D