Modern Mallard - Light gun and Duck Hunt mod for modern TVs

Discuss hardware-related topics, such as development cartridges, CopyNES, PowerPak, EPROMs, or whatever.

Moderator: Moderators

tepples

Re: Modern Mallard - Light gun and Duck Hunt mod for modern

Post by tepples »

I don't think it' s RoHS as much as General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), which took effect in May of this year. Most of the GDPR is well intentioned, but article 27 is protectionist. As I mentioned in another post, it requires each entity outside the EU that sells into the EU to hire a representative in an EU member state as a point of contact for requests from data subjects. Sources such as verasafe indicate that this can be cost prohibitive at thousands of USD per year for a small business. The most unclear part of article 27 is that it fails to define what makes processing of a subject's data "occasional".
tokumaru

Re: Modern Mallard - Light gun and Duck Hunt mod for modern

Post by tokumaru »

gauauu wrote:That said, those people aren't as likely to stumble across his kickstarter and be interested either)
And I'm sure that being given a choice between this kit and an Everdrive N8 (which costs less than the kit, BTW), any sane person would pick being able to play 99% of the NES library over just Duck Hunt.

I'm not surprised that very few people are interested in this kit as is. Not that it isn't cool, the Zapper mod is great, and I'm really interested in knowing how much it'd cost by itself (I assume it costs less than the patching board), but hardly anyone will think Duck Hunt is worth this much money. People with flash carts don't see the point in patching games via hardware, and those who don't own one most likely won't even know about this kit, or be interested in spending so much money on something they don't actively collect.