It is currently Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:08 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:41 am 

Hi,

I just got my FDSStick 256M version and it's working great so far. I've also used it to rip some disks using the drive adapter cable sold by http://www.tototek.com.
So, everything is fine... However, since I'm mainly using linux I'm wondering if there's some open-source software for the FDSStick? The only thing I could find was this repo: https://github.com/stevensmedia/FDSStick
However, that's not been updated for some time.. It also states in the readme that disk reading/writing on OSX and linux is not working.

I'm a software developer myself and I would very much want to contribute if it's possible. I already found some obvious issues with the code like missing flash id in spi_readFlashSize() for the 256M version etc....
However, I don't know if this code will ever work even if I try to fix it. I don't know if the FDSStick firmware is compatible with this code anymore.

I'm also thinking about using the FDSStick on a Raspberry PI to run the fds files right from the PI as you can do with the windows version of the software. However,
without any documentation on this it would take quite a bit of work to understand how the protocol works. I really don't feel like reversing the FDSStick protocol :)

-Eicar

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:24 pm 

That code on github is ancient, it's not compatible with the current firmware. I can put up something more current, it might take a few days though.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:57 pm 

loopy wrote:
That code on github is ancient, it's not compatible with the current firmware. I can put up something more current, it might take a few days though.

That would be absolutely amazing!! Can hardly wait!

-Eicar

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:14 am 

So what's supposed to be new in newer software?? I also have FDSStick (don't remember the capacity) and so far everything worked as long as I can remember

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:02 pm 

Changelog

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:48 am 

Hi loopy,

Last time we meet in HK. I asked you about "PC Load" function. If I make a software can call your fdsstick.exe to send game, then it is nice. Wait to see what you can provide. Thanks.