Dumping VRC mapper games with INL Retro Dumper

Discuss hardware-related topics, such as development cartridges, CopyNES, PowerPak, EPROMs, or whatever.

Moderators: B00daW, Moderators

Danexmurder

Dumping VRC mapper games with INL Retro Dumper

Post by Danexmurder » Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:49 pm

I recently purchased an INL Retro Dumper and have been having fun dumping roms. I've hit a brick wall with almost all Konami games I've tried though. The INL retro dumper doesn't seen to support VRC games at all and there aren't any mapper scripts for it that I've been able to find. I wanted to see if anyone here has had any luck using this piece of hardware to dump VRC mapper games.

Is this a situation where I would need to just pull the mask roms and dump their contents individually? If so I'd appreciate some direction there.

I hope I'm not missing anything obvious. Still new to this.

Thanks!

prfsnl_gmr

Re: Dumping VRC mapper games with INL Retro Dumper

Post by prfsnl_gmr » Sat Feb 06, 2021 11:34 am

I couldn’t get them to dump with the INLRetro either, and I ended up using a Famicom Kazzo. Even with that, though, it was a challenge. Good luck with your project, and if you have any luck getting new INLRetro scripts, please let me know!

Danexmurder

Re: Dumping VRC mapper games with INL Retro Dumper

Post by Danexmurder » Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:54 pm

prfsnl_gmr wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 11:34 am
I couldn’t get them to dump with the INLRetro either, and I ended up using a Famicom Kazzo. Even with that, though, it was a challenge. Good luck with your project, and if you have any luck getting new INLRetro scripts, please let me know!
I ended up actually buying a CopyNES and installing it into another NES I had lying around. It has a legacy of support and unfortunately it seems like the creator of the INL retro dumper isn't interested in getting broader NES/Famicom functionality working. I'd love to be proven wrong though. It's a handy piece of kit but it seems like it is kind of dead in the water.