|NES No Lockout Chip Mod (it died, so I got rid of it)
|Page 1 of 1|
|Author:||drk421 [ Sat Jun 11, 2005 8:05 pm ]|
|Post subject:||NES No Lockout Chip Mod (it died, so I got rid of it)|
I had done the disable lockout chip mod before (cut pin 4 off), and after some time, the lockout chip ceased to function. It just died, and no longer worked. I didn't want to bother desoldering one from another NES cart, etc.
So here is what I did.
1) Removed the stupid thing.
2) Cut trace on the Power/Reset/LED board between +5V and reset switch.
3) Soldered a wire from GND to one side of the reset switch.
4) Bridged pins 7 and 9 where the lockout chip was (you are connecting RST to the Reset switch).
5) Solder a 1uF cap from pin 9 to GND (the cap between RST and GND is needed on startup, the Famicom works like this too).
Here are the pictures:
http://www.54.org/condev/NES_No_Lockout ... %20001.jpg
http://www.54.org/condev/NES_No_Lockout ... %20002.jpg
I believe this is the best way to disable the NES's protection scheme.
|Page 1 of 1||All times are UTC - 7 hours|
|Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group