Nes Arkanoid Controller

Discuss hardware-related topics, such as development cartridges, CopyNES, PowerPak, EPROMs, or whatever.

Moderator: Moderators

switchstance

Nes Arkanoid Controller

Post by switchstance »

Yeah , I have some questions about this controller:
I found some help on the web for build my own controller , but the info it's wrong in some points , so , my controller never works.
I need some help in the construction , or If someone have info abouT "how to build your own Nes arkanoid Controller". Why I wanna build this thing? 'cause I live in Argentina , in the south (santa Cruz) and We never See a controller like this.

The info about the controller :
http://es.geocities.com/gamemasterquilp ... ROLLER.htm

Check the schematics.
Sorry about my english.
BooNES development Chief!! O_O

Post by Guest »

Schem Looks fine to me, but you might have to adjust the threshold so that your "paddles" far-left and far-right actually hit 0 and 255 (all 1's) on the ADC. Kinda the reasoning behind wheel calibration in games and in windows. "'Cuz no 2 are made alike".

Very interesting circuit find though. I'l have to find an old atari paddle to modify into a nes paddle, cuz those arkanoid paddles are hard to come by nowadays.
Quietust

Post by Quietust »

Actually, the standard Arkanoid controller uses an [inverted] NINE-bit data signal where the minimum is 196 and the maximum is 484; evidently, the original used an oscillator (based on the resistance in the varister) and also relied on exactly 1/60th of a second between each strobe to get proper values.
Quietust, QMT Productions
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.