72 pin connector needed (not the 72 pin fix for nes)

Discuss hardware-related topics, such as development cartridges, CopyNES, PowerPak, EPROMs, or whatever.

Moderator: Moderators

yagababa

72 pin connector needed (not the 72 pin fix for nes)

Post by yagababa »

Ayh, Im looking for a female 72 pin connector that can hold nes games, this is for a project making a simple 72 to 60 pin converter, and the regular pin fix for the old NES is a bit overkill in size and looks like crap when its cut from the rest of it. My guess would be that a pin repair for the nes 2 toploader would be nice, but i cant find any..

Glad for all information you guys can give me!

- YagaBaba
MottZilla

Post by MottZilla »

You can find that type of adapter sold along side many famiclone systems. The HandiFamiEight that I bought came with one. You might want to check around for an existing adapter. No idea where you'd find the right 72pin edge connector for NES though.
Jeroen

Post by Jeroen »

I noticed that even on import adaptors (nes game -> famicom) the pitch never seems 100% correct. I don't think that other then game genie and the nes toploader "perfect" 72 pin non zif style connectors were ever made.
Memblers
Site Admin

Post by Memblers »

If there are some decent NES connectors of this type available, I'd be interested also. I'd like to build a backplane type of cartridge.
ZenoTasedro

Re: 72 pin connector needed (not the 72 pin fix for nes)

Post by ZenoTasedro »

Bump!

I'm looking for a source for these connectors as well, I'd like to find something similar to what's on the dumper boards for NES carts.

Edit: I realize this post is a few years old, but it's similar enough to my need I figured i'd revive it :D
Hopefully since this was posted there's an easier place to find them ;)
Fisher

Post by Fisher »

I've seem this one on AliExpress.
However, I just can't be sure if it's an exact fit. :?
Memblers
Site Admin

Post by Memblers »

Part number of the connector I use is 5530843-8
You can't use it to replace a top-loader connector, but it works fine for newly designed boards. I modified my front-loader NES to use one of these and use it all the time, it works great.
ZenoTasedro

Post by ZenoTasedro »

Awesome! That looks perfect, thanks!