This is NOT the official ROM Laboratory forum

Discuss hardware-related topics, such as development cartridges, CopyNES, PowerPak, EPROMs, or whatever.

Moderator: Moderators

tepples

This is NOT the official ROM Laboratory forum

Post by tepples »

As of October 2009, NESdev appears to have received a surge of traffic from ROM Laboratory. Be advised that this board is not operated by ROM Laboratory. It has its own customs and norms.
zzo38

Post by zzo38 »

Which is strange since they link directly to this forum (and I see nothing else there).

One thing you could do, is temporarily add a refer check in case they try to redirect you to here?
koitsu

Post by koitsu »

Adding an HTTP Referer header check would be completely unreliable when it comes to a method of "security" or blocking mechanism.

Let them link here all they want -- tepples' post is sufficient. They haven't appeared/caused any issues since he put the post up.
zzo38

Post by zzo38 »

koitsu wrote:Adding an HTTP Referer header check would be completely unreliable when it comes to a method of "security" or blocking mechanism.

Let them link here all they want -- tepples' post is sufficient. They haven't appeared/caused any issues since he put the post up.
OK, then. Nothing else other than this announcement needs to be done.
qbradq

Post by qbradq »

Holy cow, that site is like stepping back into 1994! Freakin' everything is an animated GIF, even the backgrounds!
Bellum

Post by Bellum »

qbradq wrote:Holy cow, that site is like stepping back into 1994! Freakin' everything is an animated GIF, even the backgrounds!
Party in the front and the back. :P

No, srsly, I loved it but some things from the 90s need to stay in the 90s. :|
ZenoTasedro

Re: This is NOT the official ROM Laboratory forum

Post by ZenoTasedro »

Just joined this forum and took a look at this, seems that ROM Laboratory site is long gone, might be safe to unpin this :)
Ice Man

Post by Ice Man »

Rom Lab is still up and running.
ZenoTasedro

Post by ZenoTasedro »

Ah, well i suppose the link was just broken :oops:
SkinnyV

Post by SkinnyV »

Rom laboratory indeed closed down a while ago, whats up and running is only a mirror of it that I am hosting on my server. Romlaboratory.dbwbp.com