board type

Discuss hardware-related topics, such as development cartridges, CopyNES, PowerPak, EPROMs, or whatever.

Moderator: Moderators

coinheaven

board type

Post by coinheaven »

i ran Drac's Night Out through CajoNes and it gave me a PRG at 128k and CHR at 128k, but i found this and it says that it uses a UNROM board. any reason why?

http://www.nesworld.com/devcart.htm
kyuusaku

Post by kyuusaku »

Hmm, Firefox is displaying it as SLROM.
coinheaven

Post by coinheaven »

what is firefox?
kyuusaku wrote:Hmm, Firefox is displaying it as SLROM.
Bregalad

Post by Bregalad »

Firefox is a web browser.
Internet Explorer also displays it as to be SLROM :wink:

Whow, I'm really impressed by the false labels there is on that site. I just quickly made myself a false FF2 label for my FF2 card from a wonderswan FF2 logo I found on the NES, and I added a seal of quality, Nintendo logo, "European Verion" text and the Squaresoft logo. However, it don't even look close to real labels :wink:
Useless, lumbering half-wits don't scare us.
coinheaven

Post by coinheaven »

do you have the site that you looked that up on. i am looking for the board types of the unrelased games, so i can start looking for carts to put them on. thanks
Bregalad wrote:Firefox is a web browser.
Internet Explorer also displays it as to be SLROM :wink:

Whow, I'm really impressed by the false labels there is on that site. I just quickly made myself a false FF2 label for my FF2 card from a wonderswan FF2 logo I found on the NES, and I added a seal of quality, Nintendo logo, "European Verion" text and the Squaresoft logo. However, it don't even look close to real labels :wink:
coinheaven

Post by coinheaven »

ohhh, sorry, i was looking at herosquest by accident!
coinheaven

Post by coinheaven »

would an SLROM game work with a SL1ROM board? and where does the 1 come from?
Bregalad

Post by Bregalad »

Most probably it would, I don't even know the difference. I know "revised" boards exists, I once compared SNROM-03 that I had in a Kid Icarus card and SNROM-05 that I had in a Zelda card, the 05 had one more diode and one more capaciy on it. I can't say much detail about it.
Useless, lumbering half-wits don't scare us.
coinheaven

Post by coinheaven »

actually, when i got home, i opened up Robocop (which is a SL1ROM) and it had 2 different size ROMs. the CHR was 3.9 cm in length and the PRG was 3.5 cm in length. then i opened up Bayou Billy (SLROM) and both ROMs were 3.5cm in length. any reason why this is?
Bregalad wrote:Most probably it would, I don't even know the difference. I know "revised" boards exists, I once compared SNROM-03 that I had in a Kid Icarus card and SNROM-05 that I had in a Zelda card, the 05 had one more diode and one more capaciy on it. I can't say much detail about it.
rox_midge

Post by rox_midge »

The physical size of the chips on the board is not relevant. Only the logical size (number of bytes) and board logic (traces running to/from chips) matter. I suspect the SL1ROM is merely using a different package for one of the ROM chips, and the board logic is unchanged.