It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:48 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 571 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 39  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:50 pm 

SkinnyV wrote:
Thanks for making it work out with your board design! I wonder if anyone will give coding new script a try. Personally, I will be limited by what's already available as I lack the knowledge to do such thing but it will be interesting to see what people with skill will come up with. Too bad there's no way of just using the already made copynes mapper support file though!

I was able to make the USB work fairly well because the majority of the socket is designed to hang off the side of the board. So it wasn't that big of a deal in the end.

For the scripts like I've posted here I have already written NROM dumping and Flashing scripts. They aren't too bad. But I was wondering where we should keep scripts that we've written so we can share them with others? Let me know and I can post up the ones I've done so far. I can do up some sort of txt for the command arguments I've got a grasp of so far also. There is documentation out there like I said but it's all in Japanese for the most part.

I've got some pictures for you guys. To give you an idea what it'll look like. I'll send paypal bills now, once I find out who wants a 60pin connector in the kit as well. Like I've said before I haven't tested them, but expect them to work. And they are an extra $4.

Final costs:
unassembled NES kit: $42 (still has pads for FC connector if you wanted to add later.
Addition of FC connector $46
Assembly: $10

There wasn't much interest in fitting in those radioshack boxes but it should still fit. The final board is 2x4.1" There would be a little bit if cutting to do internally to make it fit but there are always other enclosures if you really wanted one. Nothing really says you need one aside from setting it on top of a coin or something conductive.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:17 pm 

Sweet, I haven't been on for awhile, decided to check on this and BAM! sweet, I'll shoot you an e-mail later tonight or tomorrow...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:40 pm 

So I ordered the boards last week and paid for them. I'm still waiting on payment from Tepples and OldNESJunkie before I make the order from Digikey for the rest of the parts.

I need to know whether you guys want to pay the extra $4 for a 60pin or not. and what email address to send the paypal bill.

Please send me an email without using the email link. I haven't gotten responses from either of you when I reply to emails you've sent me in that manner.

Please email me directly outside of nesdev: paul@InfiniteNesLives.com

OldNESJunkie wrote:
Sweet, I haven't been on for awhile, decided to check on this and BAM! sweet, I'll shoot you an e-mail later tonight or tomorrow...

I tried to reply to your email but the email address tied to the nesdev email failed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:11 am 

Alright I've got everyone but OldNESJunkie. I'm going to order the parts today or tomorrow. If I don't hear from you by then OldNESJunkie I'm just going to assume you don't want the FC 60 pin connector.

I'm hoping I'll get the boards back around the same time the parts show up and I'll be able to ship late next week or there abouts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:57 pm 

infiniteneslives wrote:
Alright I've got everyone but OldNESJunkie. I'm going to order the parts today or tomorrow. If I don't hear from you by then OldNESJunkie I'm just going to assume you don't want the FC 60 pin connector.

I'm hoping I'll get the boards back around the same time the parts show up and I'll be able to ship late next week or there abouts.

Are you going to do more than 1 run on these? Im interested in one but dont have cash at the moment. Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:18 am 

Tormenter wrote:
infiniteneslives wrote:

Are you going to do more than 1 run on these? Im interested in one but dont have cash at the moment. Thanks

I would be willing to do more runs of them. I figured after these get out to a couple people it will spark more interest. It all really depends on what people ask for. I'll need minimum 3 people interested before I make another run though, so if anyone else is interested just let me know.

Update: The boards and parts are all ordered to be here late next week. So kits should be able to get out on the 20th-22nd

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:47 pm 

Parts showed up today. Checked out the 60pin connectors and they look really good. The pitch difference is very slight with only 60 pins. I did a quick check for shorts with my multimeter and a couple FC games and everything was good.

Still waiting on the boards that are supposed to show up late this week. I'll post up when they do and fully test the 60 pin connectors.

@OldNESJunkie: I'm still waiting on you email and payment. I can't promise how long I'll keep it around waiting on you. I've got money invested with your kit, so if someone else offers to buy it I'll be quick to take them up if I still don't have your email address. Don't use the email button because it provides an email for you that's invalid. Email me directly please: paul@InfiniteNesLives.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:23 am 

Well I've got some disappointing news. Apparently there are some new features with design spark PCB layout tool I used that the board manufacture's computers don't recognize and the boards are missing the top layer of copper.

But good news is it wasn't my fault so he had me resubmit the board with a modification to the gerbers. So it looks as though we're set back two weeks. Sorry guys, not much I can do.

On a side note if there happens to be a couple people interested in a board or kit in the future let me know. If I've got three people interested like @Tormenter I may order 3 more boards with this run. I'm guessing not, but figured I would check.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:07 am 

So the board files have been sent off again with the fix. I went ahead and made a few minor changes mostly to the silkscreen adding some labeling and stuff. I did make a few clearance changes and added some board mounting holes. So while the set back of two weeks was a downer, the constellation was I had a chance to get the board in my hands and place all the components. By doing such I of course had several ideas what would be nice to add, and you all will get it in the final product.

And I have been able to get in contact with everyone that's signed up for the kit now. And they are scheduled to show up here Sept 3rd. So I should be able to ship everything Monday the 5th.

Here's some pictures from playing around with the layout. BTW the deep purple board color seems coincidentally fitting for the nesdev color scheme :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:41 am 

Wow this is really awesome! :o Is this project free? If so please provide PCB layout file and software.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:58 am 

FARID wrote:
Wow this is really awesome! :o Is this project free? If so please provide PCB layout file and software.

Yeah check it out here: http://sourceforge.jp/projects/unagi/wiki/kazzo_intro_en

I've got the .pcb and .sch files for the modified version I'm providing here. What's the best way for me to share those with everyone?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:52 am 

Looks so cool!
こんにちわ。kazzo を設計した naruko です。時々覗いていましたが、写真を見てうれしかったです。

一つお願いがあります。revision を 3.0 にしていますが、私が1年前に採番しています。作り直すことがあれば、 1.1 以降を使ってください。最初の数字はいままで公表していませんが、利用した MCU で決めています。
1.x Atmega16 or Atmega164P (40pin)
2.x Atmega168 or Atmega168P (28 pin)
3.x Atmega8U2 or Atmega16U2 (AVR USB 32pin)

8U2 を利用した reivision 3.0 は作りかけたまま、開発の資料や時間が整わず私の部屋で眠っています。

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:35 am 

Very nice! You really seem to have done a great job at this infiniteneslives! Look very clean and professionnal and the PCB look amazing. And the nesdev themed color is a plus :lol: I'm very happy to see this thing becoming a reality and can't wait to see what kind of support the nesdev community will give in regard to new script/plugging writing. This is an exciting time indeed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:40 am 

I wonder how much it'd cost to get these mass-produced to sell to the general public as a legit source of ROMs for emulators on PCs and smartphones.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:30 pm 

What would be cool would be to add support for sega genesis and snes, at a later point in the future of course. Then it would be a kick ass alternative to the retrode. Correct me if I'm wrong but dumping support for snes (with exception of special chip like sa-1, sdd-1, cx4 and the like) or genesis cart wouldn't be too complicated for a device like the Kazzo. I mean, the hard part is already done for dumping nes cart and I'm sure people will start sharing custom dumping script for unsupported mapper once it get shipped out so new console support could be something cool to hope for in the future imo.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 571 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 39  Next