Video: Easy way to get music into your game with SoundEngine

Discuss NSF files, FamiTracker, MML tools, or anything else related to NES music.

Moderator: Moderators

GradualGames

Video: Easy way to get music into your game with SoundEngine

Post by GradualGames »

Maybe this well help a couple of people out there looking for a fairly low-effort way to get music into your games. If there's good response to this I'll go into more detail about how to use sound effects with this engine (also easy, but wanted to constrain the scope of this video)

Easy way to get music into your game with SoundEngine
Last edited by GradualGames on Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Denine

Re: Video: Easy way to get music into your game with SoundEn

Post by Denine »

It says "This video is private".
I can't watch it.
GradualGames

Post by GradualGames »

Fixed.
Denine

Post by Denine »

The sound quality of video is poor, and I'm not a native english speaker- I hardly can understand what are you saying.
Video description don't help either. There's no readme in archive.
Does it support any expansion chips?(VRC6\7? MMC5?) Does it have Sound Effects support?
But I take a look. And I'm not sure how diffferent it is from Famitracker engine.
But it is nice to have a template for ASM6 with built in engine.
GradualGames

Post by GradualGames »

It's a simple sound engine. Only square, triangle and noise are supported. Sound effects are supported thru playing "mini songs" that temporarily overwrite the current state of the four channels. My target group of users are people who want simplicity or who are looking for an easy solution and don't want to tinker with it too much.
tepples

Post by tepples »

Denine wrote:The sound quality of video is poor, and I'm not a native english speaker- I hardly can understand what are you saying.
I agree. It'd be easier for all of us if GradualGames would make and upload a subtitle file.
Shiru

Post by Shiru »

Nice to see yet another solution for sound.

I think we need a forum topic or a wiki page that would list all available solutions with their characteristics, so people would have opportunity to learn what is available and what is suitable for their needs.
qbradq

Post by qbradq »

Shiru wrote:Nice to see yet another solution for sound.

I think we need a forum topic or a wiki page that would list all available solutions with their characteristics, so people would have opportunity to learn what is available and what is suitable for their needs.
I second this. I am shopping for a sound engine for my project right now. I'd like to be able to compose in FamiTracker, but it's not nessecary. I mainly need a sound engine that's light on the cycles. I don't need complicated stuff like the effects, just volume and duty cycle control.

It'd be fairly easy to make my own from those requirements, but in order to use FamiTracker to compose I'd need to go to FT Dev School :D

When I have some more time I'm going to look closely at this solution and see if it suits my needs. Maybe I can just comment out some of the stuff I don't need.
tepples

Post by tepples »

qbradq wrote:I'd like to be able to compose in FamiTracker, but it's not nessecary. I mainly need a sound engine that's light on the cycles. I don't need complicated stuff like the effects, just volume and duty cycle control.
Shiru's FamiTone might help. It doesn't support all FamiTracker effects, nor does it support duty envelopes, just a constant duty for each instrument.