It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:01 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours





Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 721 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 49  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:06 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:31 pm
Posts: 2
Dwedit wrote:
Usually you don't want to write to the EXE directory as a limited user on Windows 7, because then you'd get a UAC prompt.

But I think there is a good way to satisfy everyone: If no config file exists in the program directory, use the appdata directory as normal. But if it exists, AND the user also has write permissions, use the program directory to store the config file.


Last edited by DCMullins on Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:18 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:13 am
Posts: 1
DCMullins wrote:
FHorse, how do you feel about moving the configuration storage to the same location as the puNES executable? This would allow users to maintain the program on a flash drive for use on multiple computers without the need to manually copy preferred settings.


from changelog of version 0.64:
FHorse wrote:
...
Added the ability to have a portable version of the emulator. Just rename the executable:
Linux:
punes32 -> punes32_p
punes64 -> punes64_p
Windows
punes32.exe -> punes32_p.exe
punes64.exe -> punes64_p.exe
When the executable becomes a portable version, it create and use the folder where is the exe as the root folder.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:58 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:21 pm
Posts: 8
Eugene.S wrote:
NesCycle is also pretty name. Old-good Nesticle inspired, but with cycle-accuracy timings.


lol... the "c" and the "l" are so close that I read that as "NesCyde"
and then that got me thinking of GenNEScyde. But then because
of the "Gen" people might assume it does both Genesis -and- NES.
That and the name might not conjure up the most pleasant images.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:24 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 19, 2004 11:12 pm
Posts: 19113
Location: NE Indiana, USA (NTSC)
weebeez wrote:
lol... the "c" and the "l" are so close that I read that as "NesCyde"

I thought NESICIDE was cpow's emulator.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2005 10:36 am
Posts: 2963
Location: Tampere, Finland
weebeez wrote:
Eugene.S wrote:
NesCycle is also pretty name. Old-good Nesticle inspired, but with cycle-accuracy timings.


lol... the "c" and the "l" are so close that I read that as "NesCyde"
and then that got me thinking of GenNEScyde. But then because
of the "Gen" people might assume it does both Genesis -and- NES.
That and the name might not conjure up the most pleasant images.

I sure would want to associate my (non-existent) emulator with genocide for the sake of a pun! :)

_________________
Download STREEMERZ for NES from fauxgame.com! — Some other stuff I've done: kkfos.aspekt.fi


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:35 am 
Offline
NESICIDE developer
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:55 pm
Posts: 1026
Location: Minneapolis, MN
thefox wrote:
weebeez wrote:
Eugene.S wrote:
NesCycle is also pretty name. Old-good Nesticle inspired, but with cycle-accuracy timings.


lol... the "c" and the "l" are so close that I read that as "NesCyde"
and then that got me thinking of GenNEScyde. But then because
of the "Gen" people might assume it does both Genesis -and- NES.
That and the name might not conjure up the most pleasant images.

I sure would want to associate my (non-existent) emulator with genocide for the sake of a pun! :)


I've been considering the name GENICIDE for a Sega Genesis version of NESICIDE for **ages**. 8-)

godaddy...hmmmm...it's available.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:41 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:01 pm
Posts: 71
Quote:
I've been considering the name GENICIDE for a Sega Genesis version of NESICIDE for **ages**. 8-)

godaddy...hmmmm...it's available.


That would be awesome 8-). This would be the place to discuss it, if you did make an IDE for the genesis.

Quote:
NesCycle is also pretty name. Old-good Nesticle inspired, but with cycle-accuracy timings.


LOL, NestiCYcle or NESTIcyCLE.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:34 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:20 am
Posts: 41
My apologies if this has already been covered but:

When I tried punes winx64, I was limited to window mode only and software only on the rendering. Why is this? Also, I noticed there is severe lag from action-to-sound ratio. It seems like the sound plays almost a full second after the action takes place. This is much worse than any other NES emulator I've tried, and a lot of them have a feature where you can change the buffer length.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:37 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat May 08, 2010 9:31 am
Posts: 225
If you have only software mode, your video driver don't support opengl. I know that in windows version there are many problem with sdl/opengl and for this I'm going to rewrite the stack video / audio for directx. It will take me a while but I'm going to leave the library sdl also in linux version.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:58 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:20 am
Posts: 41
My radeon HD card does support opengl. It seems to me puNES just simply doesn't realize it.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:09 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat May 08, 2010 9:31 am
Posts: 225
Firebrandx wrote:
My radeon HD card does support opengl. It seems to me puNES just simply doesn't realize it.

I've send you a private message. Read it please.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:03 am 
Offline
Formerly 65024U

Joined: Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:57 pm
Posts: 2257
My Radeon 4250 mobile supports it. I'm SURE your card supports it, as mine is a piece of garbage. puNES works here. :)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:21 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:08 pm
Posts: 2
Please, add suport to configure a "deadzone" for the pad. Im using a xbox360 controller, and its impossible controling megaman or mario! The stick is too sensible, and this pad cant be configurated in Sytem Options. If i use another set of "tuned" drivers, the pad loses all compatibility with another games. (Sorry my english)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:30 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat May 08, 2010 9:31 am
Posts: 225
DukeJP wrote:
Please, add suport to configure a "deadzone" for the pad. Im using a xbox360 controller, and its impossible controling megaman or mario! The stick is too sensible, and this pad cant be configurated in Sytem Options. If i use another set of "tuned" drivers, the pad loses all compatibility with another games. (Sorry my english)


Ok. Now, I'm busy with new video/audio/input stack for directx, when I finish I will contact you to resolve the problem. :)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:12 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:08 pm
Posts: 2
FHorse wrote:
DukeJP wrote:
Please, add suport to configure a "deadzone" for the pad. Im using a xbox360 controller, and its impossible controling megaman or mario! The stick is too sensible, and this pad cant be configurated in Sytem Options. If i use another set of "tuned" drivers, the pad loses all compatibility with another games. (Sorry my english)


Ok. Now, I'm busy with new video/audio/input stack for directx, when I finish I will contact you to resolve the problem. :)


Thanks. Your emulator is great! AFAIK, its the only one can play the tricky High Hopes demo and Quantum disco brothers demo too. Those demos i use to test compatibility, and your emu is the only works with both of them. Keep up your great work.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 721 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 49  Next

All times are UTC - 7 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group