It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:29 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours



Forum rules


1. NO BLATANT PIRACY. This includes reproducing homebrew less than 10 years old, with the exception of free software.
2. No advertising your reproductions, with the exception of free software.
3. Be nice. See RFC 1855 if you aren't sure what this means.



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 27, 2012 8:43 pm
Posts: 1311
lidnariq wrote:
Out of curiosity, why are you using strands of stranded ribbon cable (HDD?) rather than solid 30ga kynar or magnet wire or similar?

It's nice to be able to just pull it off the ribbon, sometimes in groups of 2 or more when needed. Especially with the nice thin 80-pin IDE cable it can be handy.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:13 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:40 pm
Posts: 275
blargg wrote:
Your stress-relieving glue sure is causing lots of stress in this forum! :)

You are deeply wrong, man :roll: AFAIK 2 or more other forums are under the stress :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:04 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:48 am
Posts: 183
80sFREAK wrote:
blargg wrote:
Your stress-relieving glue sure is causing lots of stress in this forum! :)

You are deeply wrong, man :roll: AFAIK 2 or more other forums are under the stress :lol:

Yes that's right your trolling is so bad it follows me around multiple forums. You really have nothing better to do.


Last edited by Drakon on Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:09 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 9:43 pm
Posts: 10112
Location: Rio de Janeiro - Brazil
Doesn't everyone just love when drama from other crappy forums comes over to NESDEV?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:46 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 19, 2004 11:12 pm
Posts: 19226
Location: NE Indiana, USA (NTSC)
Tell me about it. This was my sig on a rhythm game forum several years ago:

Image

(excuse the edge artifacts; it was made for that board's theme)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:44 am 
Offline
Formerly 65024U

Joined: Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:57 pm
Posts: 2257
tokumaru wrote:
Doesn't everyone just love when drama from other crappy forums comes over to NESDEV?

No. But I hate when people bring their terrible techniques and won't change. Especially when he'll more than likely be doing this as part of his "professional" modification package he does with RGB, SVideo, stereo on the NES, whatever else he pulled off other people's docs.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:35 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 27, 2012 8:43 pm
Posts: 1311
GUYS THIS IS ABOUT NES DEVELOPMENT AND RESEARCH NOT FIGHTING LETS TALK ABOUT WHY GIMMICK IS AWESOME INSTEAD I LIKE GIMMICK IT IS A GOOD GAME IT HAS NICE PLATFORMING ACTION AND IS CHALLENGING THEY ALSO PUT A LOT OF EFFORT INTO THE ART DIRECTION OF THE GAME IT HAS A CONSISTENT AND NEAT ART STYLE THAT COMPLEMENTS THE EXTREMELY DEDICATED PROGRAMMING THAT ALLOW THE GAME TO RUN SMOOTHLY WITH SUCH GREAT VISUALS AND LETS NOT FORGET THE MUSIC WHICH IS NOT ONLY WELL COMPOSED BUT MADE MORE RICH BY THE SUNSOFT-5B MAPPER THAT CONTAINS EXTRA AUDIO CHANNELS A FAMICOM EXCLUSIVE FEATURE ALTHOUGH WITH MODIFICATIONS TO THE AMERICAN OR EUROPEAN NES SYSTEM SUCH EXPANSION AUDIO CAN BE ENJOYED AS WELL GIMMICK IS EASILY MY FAVORITE GAME AND IT IS HARD BUT I CAN BEAT IT IN ONE SITTING PLAYING ON MY FAMICOM TWIN HERE IS A PICTURE SINCE I LIKE GIMMICK SO MUCH I HAVE A BUNCH OF COPIES HERE THEY ARE
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:48 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2005 9:08 am
Posts: 348
I second that - Make repros, not war!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:59 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2008 11:12 am
Posts: 6442
Location: UK (temporarily)
mikejmoffitt wrote:
[a bunch of text in all caps and a picture of three gimmick cartridges lined up like ducks at a shooting gallery]
<bursts out laughing>


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 19, 2004 9:28 pm
Posts: 3192
Location: Mountain View, CA, USA
lidnariq wrote:
mikejmoffitt wrote:
[a bunch of text in all caps and a picture of three gimmick cartridges lined up like ducks at a shooting gallery]
<bursts out laughing>

That's also how tepples types when he's completely drunk. ;)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:48 am
Posts: 183
3gengames wrote:
tokumaru wrote:
Doesn't everyone just love when drama from other crappy forums comes over to NESDEV?

No. But I hate when people bring their terrible techniques and won't change. Especially when he'll more than likely be doing this as part of his "professional" modification package he does with RGB, SVideo, stereo on the NES, whatever else he pulled off other people's docs.

Well if you don't like it, go post someplace else. And why would I be doing this as a package is there some supply of 5b chips I didn't know about? I did this for fun, does it bother you that people hunt me down to pay me money and enjoy my services? You can go ahead and offer the same services on the internet and advertise "my work looks much nicer inside the case than Drakon's", I really don't mind.


Last edited by Drakon on Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:43 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:34 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 19, 2004 11:12 pm
Posts: 19226
Location: NE Indiana, USA (NTSC)
koitsu: When do I get drunk?

Again, my offer stands: If there's anything in my posts that you fail to understand, I'm willing to clarify. Start by pressing the PM button below.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 27, 2012 8:43 pm
Posts: 1311
koitsu wrote:
lidnariq wrote:
mikejmoffitt wrote:
[a bunch of text in all caps and a picture of three gimmick cartridges lined up like ducks at a shooting gallery]
<bursts out laughing>

That's also how tepples types when he's completely drunk. ;)

I'm as sober as it gets ._.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:09 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:40 pm
Posts: 275
Drakon wrote:
80sFREAK wrote:
blargg wrote:
Your stress-relieving glue sure is causing lots of stress in this forum! :)

You are deeply wrong, man :roll: AFAIK 2 or more other forums are under the stress :lol:

Yes that's right your trolling is so bad it follows me around multiple forums. You really have nothing better to do.

Trolling? :lol: Noone need following you on different forums - you coming by yourself, bringing hot glue sculptures.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:30 pm
Posts: 61
I'd sure love a copy of Gimmick! (FC) myself. But they're rare... :P


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC - 7 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group