VegaPlay isn't behaving right. Help please

Discuss NSF files, FamiTracker, MML tools, or anything else related to NES music.

Moderator: Moderators

Kasumi

Re: VegaPlay isn't behaving right. Help please

Post by Kasumi »

Edit: I tried out you code Kasumi and I noticed that you changed the chr page that the curser used to the same one the background uses. Was that on purpose?
Um, yeah. Like I said, it's Vegaplay completely free of sprites. I thought it was implied that the background tiles were now being used.
My preference would be to have the cursers on there own chr page, cause I want as many tiles as I can manage for my back ground graphics.
Then use lidnariq's. I could maybe mess with his, but honestly I'm pretty sure you could condense four or however many tiles you need for the cursor if you end up with exactly 256 for your background. In fact, I bet the time it'd take you to do so would be less than the time it'd take me to change this. And it is your project!
Septr

Post by Septr »

ok. I'll do some squeezing in graphically. I know it's not your project and I'm gratefull for all you've already done. You just seemed to be ok with continuing with what I was asking. I'm not trying to be impolite. I'll take what's here and run with it if you are content with stopping here. Again thank you. You are a gentleman and scholar.
lidnariq

Post by lidnariq »

I spent too much time worrying about how to to it the right way such that I completely dropped it. Bleh.

Anyway, I just cribbed Kasumi's animation code and stuck it in mine, so you can have an animated cursor but no transition animations. I added the ability to move the sprite at the same time as the tile changes.

If you want to use an 8x16 sprite, you can enable that too-- I added a comment about it, just search for "8x16". (Be careful: if you do, the tile numbers get a little weird. Even numbers are from first half of the tiles, odd from the last half.)
Attachments
vegaplay-oam-simpleanimation.zip
(2.47 KiB) Downloaded 169 times
Septr

Post by Septr »

I'm trying to compile but I get an error cause of line 376. What does this line do anyway?

Code: Select all

.incbin "vegaplay.nes.chr"
I'm assuming it is loading the .chr file? Because I changed it to "geo.chr" and things seem to work, but I wanted to ask anyway just incase it's something else.

I really like the addition AnimationH and V. I could use them to make the curser bounce or orbit slightly. Real cool!
lidnariq

Post by lidnariq »

Your assumption is exactly correct.

I didn't see in the original version how you added the chr to the end, so I added that line (and forgot to mention it) rather than having to manually append it.

Have fun!
Septr

Post by Septr »

lidnariq wrote:Have fun!
Thank you!