New bug in sega li and nestopia ue's ntsc filter

Discuss emulation of the Nintendo Entertainment System and Famicom.

Moderator: Moderators

fcism

Post by fcism »

The old bug has been fixed,but it cause a new bug. :(
Attachments
bug.jpg
WedNESday

Re: New bug in sega li and nestopia ue's ntsc filter

Post by WedNESday »

And the bug is what exactly? And even so is it so debilitating that you cannot play the game?

Personally, why not just use no filter and have a crisp, digital image with no loss.
Dwedit

Post by Dwedit »

The bug might be that blue line on the left and right.
Anyway, this is just a cropping problem. A full TV picture would include the blue stuff, since that is the color of the overscan.
Here come the fortune cookies! Here come the fortune cookies! They're wearing paper hats!
blargg

Post by blargg »

fcism wrote:New bug in sega li and nestopia ue's ntsc filter
The old bug has been fixed,but it cause a new bug. :(
Your post has a bug: it doesn't tell us what observations you've made and what in particular you've concluded. I don't read your mind so I don't know what you're posting about and am just ignoring it until you provide the above information.
WedNESday

Post by WedNESday »

fcism wrote:Bug: My game is stuck in Japanese!!!
:roll:
tepples

Post by tepples »

If the bug is about the blue lines at the far left and right of the window where the backdrop color used for the side border doesn't match the background color, then it's probably accurate to the hardware behavior. For example, the border in Concentration Room is white, causing noticeable white vertical bars at left and right on my HDTV. And in a Ninja Gaiden series cut scene, a blue backdrop color might not match the black background color of the text.

There is a possibility to enhance games by assuming the border equals the leftmost or rightmost pixel of the background, but before implementing it in an emulator, I'd like to see how it might implemented in hardware. The left side would involve starting the rendering process at x=337 when the PPU normally idles for a few pixels, shifting the idling a pixel later. The right side would involve sample-and-hold of the last background pixel.
tokumaru

Post by tokumaru »

tepples wrote:There is a possibility to enhance games by assuming the border equals the leftmost or rightmost pixel of the background
That would look like crap with busy, scrolling gameplay graphics...
lidnariq

Post by lidnariq »

tepples wrote:The left side would involve starting the rendering process at x=337 when the PPU normally idles for a few pixels, shifting the idling a pixel later.
No need, just use a small n-sample FIFO and delay all video including the hsync pulse, except for the overscans which will look ahead or hold the last value.
fcism

Post by fcism »

Yes,I mean that blue line on the left and right.
Is it exist in real machine?I forget it.
tepples

Post by tepples »

Try Concentration Room. If it has white lines on the left and right when the game board is showing, then it probably is "exist in real machine". Likewise if cut scenes in Thwaite have sky blue lines on the left and right even in the black areas above and below the pic of the village.
tokumaru

Post by tokumaru »

fcism wrote:Yes,I mean that blue line on the left and right.
Is it exist in real machine?I forget it.
I think it does exist on real consoles, but it doesn't suddenly cut back to black, the blue should continue until the end of the visible picture. As I see it, the problem is that the emulator crops the picture to 256 pixels while it should be displaying more of the border on both sides.