我是中国人

Discuss technical or other issues relating to programming the Nintendo Entertainment System, Famicom, or compatible systems. See the NESdev wiki for more information.

Moderator: Moderators

zgh4000

我是中国人

Post by zgh4000 »

我是中国人,爱好NES游戏开发, 第一次来这个论坛, 做了几个小的DEMO.
Last edited by zgh4000 on Tue May 30, 2006 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
WedNESday

Post by WedNESday »

'We've had some fun, but now it's time to say goodbye'

- unknown
Quietust

Re: 我是中国人

Post by Quietust »

zgh4000 wrote:我是中国人,爱好NES游戏开发 第一次来这个论坛 做了几个小的DEMO
Babelfish translator wrote:I am a Chinese, liked the NES game developing first time comes this forum to make several small DEMO
We would appreciate if you wrote your messages in English, as most of us can't understand Chinese.

If you need assistance in programming demos, first check the wiki and then the main NESdev site. If there's something in particular you need help with, then please post it here.

<babelfish(机器翻译)>
我们会赞赏如果您作为大多数写您的消息在英语, 我们无法了解中文。

如果您需要协助在编程的演示, 首先检查wiki和然后NESdev站点。如果有某事特别是您需要帮助与, 然后取乐岗位它这里。
</babelfish(机器翻译)>
Quietust, QMT Productions
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
baisoku

Post by baisoku »

WedNESday wrote:'We've had some fun, but now it's time to say goodbye'- unknown
"...It's been real fun, but now i must say goodbye."
-- NOFX, Whoops, I OD'd
...patience...
WedNESday

Post by WedNESday »

'It was great fun but it was just one of those things'

- Cole Porter
augnober

Post by augnober »

zgh4000 wrote:我是中国人,爱好NES游戏开发, 第一次来这个论坛, 做了几个小的DEMO.
Chinese:
大家在这里只用英语或者日语(能写日语的地方在“FCDev”里边)。但是在这里可能有一些想学汉语的学生想跟中国游戏开发者聊天。麻烦你告诉我们,在哪里能用汉语聊天?(ie. 告诉我们一个好的汉语emulation论坛网址 - 你喜欢哪个论坛?) 谢谢

English:
Everyone here uses just English or Japanese (the place wherein you can write Japanese is "FCDev"). But there are probably a few students here who'd like to study Chinese and would like to talk with Chinese game (or emulation) developers. Please tell us, where can we speak Chinese? (ie. tell us the address of a good Chinese-language emulation forum -- Which forum do you like?) Thanks.

(I figure if there's any further Chinese here, it's probably best to make it quick and use it to jump out to a Chinese-language forum for further discussion. Personally, I'd like to find some good Chinese development forums as an interesting place to improve my Chinese.)
WedNESday

Post by WedNESday »

augnober wrote:...where can we speak Chinese?
Hmph well, China for a start...
Memblers
Site Admin

Post by Memblers »

WedNESday :D

Seriously though, a while back I had considered making a Chinese language forum. Maybe it'll get some use, so I went ahead and opened one up now.
http://nesdev.com/bbs/viewforum.php?f=18
augnober

Post by augnober »

WedNESday wrote:
augnober wrote:...where can we speak Chinese?
Hmph well, China for a start...
Ah. I'm there/here right now actually. My phrasing was pretty lame because I wrote it in Chinese and then gave a reasonably faithful English translation from it. There's chance to speak Chinese in the real world of course, but for me, that's generally not tech/development/hobby stuff.

Memblers:
Cool! 谢谢你 ;) I wonder who will show up.
tokumaru

Post by tokumaru »

Memblers wrote:I went ahead and opened one up now.
Nothing against the people who know chinese, but I don't really know what to think about this...

I mean, I can understand the japanese forum, since the NES originaly came from Japan, there are many japanese-only stuff related to the NES, and etc. But if if China gets it's own forum, I think so should other languages. For one, there seem to be a lot of spanish speakers around here. I speak portuguese, and I know there are at least other 2 or 3 brazillian people around (I don't know if that qualifies for a new forum though).

I don't know the actual numbers of users from each country, but if there are many people using the same language, I think that justifies a new forum. Since other 2 different languages already have one, that is.

Or does China get a forum because of the crazy ammount of pirate NES-related stuff they release?
WedNESday

Post by WedNESday »

I agree and I disagree. If we have a Chinese and a Japanese board then there should be boards for the Spanish speakers. However, on the other hand it might be a good idea to make everything english that way we can all read and post in the same language. If useful information starts to be posted in Spanish then non spanish speakers are going to be missing out.

What I am saying is, english is a universal language that we all understand. Let's keep it that way. We all have computers that speak a universal language ((x86/C/C++) and look at the trouble that causes!). Imagine if every country in the world had a different computer format... *Shudders*
Roth

Post by Roth »

The Chinese and Japanese language look so different from other languages, that I think it's fine to have some forums for those two major ones specifically. I mean, most of us can look at a different language that don't use special characters, and at least have an idea of what is being talked about. When it comes to Chinese and Japanese though, with no study involved... forget about it.

I'm kind of torn as well, but whatever works :)
tokumaru

Post by tokumaru »

Roth wrote:The Chinese and Japanese language look so different from other languages, that I think it's fine to have some forums for those two major ones specifically. I mean, most of us can look at a different language that don't use special characters, and at least have an idea of what is being talked about.
That's no reason. Forums in different languages exist so that people that don't know/are not confortable with english can talk freely. That means that the important thing here is how well they understand english, not how much we understand them. And most foreigners understand enough english to find this place and at least read the posts, anyway.

In fact, by creating forums for such different laguages you are doing what WedNESday said, dividing information in a way that not everyone can access it. With "similar" languages, everyone could get the idea of what's beeing talked about, as you said.

I'm not against creating forums for any language (I studied japanese for a couple of years myself), but it is not right to create only for some, just because they use cool-looking asian characters or whatever reason, while there is a demand for other languages as well.

I mean, people posted in spanish here before, but that did not result in the creation of a new forum, as this chinese post did.
Bregalad

Post by Bregalad »

Nooo ! Not keeping everything in english would be a catastrophe. I had pretty much effort to do so be able to speak english, and this is a universal language that almost everyone in the world knows the basics, and a lot of non-native english speakers learns advanced english. I think it is a good universal language, because basics are easy to learn, and when it comes to more complicated stuff it become quickly more confusing, but you can still talk with real english speakers and that will help you out a lot.
English is an unniversal language, and this may not be changed, because I put pretty good effort to learn english. I'd not like to have a french message board for my own and have noone to speak with.
By the way, I don't even know if I'd be able to speak about NESdev in french. I mean english is a perfect language for everything that have to do with computers, programming, electronics, math, etc... and for me french is for everything else. I have a lot of trouble speaking about computer-related stuff in french, since a lot of standard terms are in english and stupid people want to translate untranslatable stuff in french, making crap.
As well italian is the perfect language for music, japanese is the perfect language for RPGs, etc, etc... I think this cannot be changed.
Useless, lumbering half-wits don't scare us.
augnober

Post by augnober »

You make some good points against opening up a Chinese forum and/or opening up forums for different languages. Someone mentioned that Chinese and Japanese are cooler. Personally I think that's a significant distinguishment worthy of consideration. 加油!:)

(well, I'm both biased and not particularly concerned either way - so I'll leave this to you guys to decide. In seriousness though, Chinese usage online, and the number of Chinese speakers involved in development is going up in a big way, and there seems to be an increasing interest in learning the language)
Last edited by augnober on Wed May 31, 2006 10:14 am, edited 2 times in total.